5. 𝓑𝓮𝓪𝓼𝓽𝓵𝔂

Start from the beginning

Beale instantly regretted it when he realized his outburst caused y/n to move away from him. He couldn't feel her soft warm touch on his skin anymore.

He looked at her sheepishly, "Sorry."

"It's fine." Then she pointed at the sketch paper, suggested, "And like I was saying before. The measurements need to be increased."

Beale pursued his lips together and tilted his head in confusion, "Oh?"

Y/n smiled, amused, already knowing he didn't even hear her previous rant. And she wasn't mad at all because she also has those moments you know. Lost in your h̶o̶r̶n̶y̶ thoughts. -cough- cough- yeah so.... never mind.

She took the pencil from his hand and started to calculate the new measurements. She looked down at the paper, absentmindedly biting the pencil's backside, concentrating on the mathematics.

Oh how Beale wished he could replace his lips with that pencil. That Lucky Pencil.

Y/n wrote down the final measurement and smiled satisfied. She held the paper in front of Beale's face, breaking his daze for the second time.

Beale cleared his throat and took the paper in hand. His eyes widened, "Y/n, you are Genius!" he abruptly stood up and complimented her, kissing her cheek. Maybe if he wasn't too cowardly he would have kissed her lips. Maybe someday in the future? Hopefully?

"Thanks and I know." Y/n smirked, confidently. She wasn't going to show how happy she felt hearing the compliment from him or how good it felt when his lips touched her skin.

🥀

Later that day in the laverie, A little girl watched as Y/n and Beale tossed clothes and some soap chips into an empty barrel and rolled it into the fountain. It bobbed on its side. And finally Beale tied the other end of the strap to a mule's harness and set him walking around the circular Laverie.

"What are you doing?" the little asked them, confused.

"The laundry." Beale answered with a kind smile as Y/n pointed to the rotating barrel, which was now spinning like a washing machine.

Y/n sat down beside Beale as he took his book and both of them quietly began to read. After a moment, Beale looked up, noticed the little girl was still staring at them, dumbfounded.

"Come!" Beale motioned for the girl to join him and y/n.

Y/n watched in awe as Beale started to teach the little girl to read. She absentmindedly bit the tip of her thumb, tilting her slightly. 'How can someone look that adorable?' she thought.

The nasty headmaster walked out from the school house in hurry but immediately stopped when he saw.... Beale and Y/n were teaching the girl to read.

"The blue bird.." Beale read along with the little girl.

The little girl struggled but finished, "flies... ...over the dark wood."

Y/n clapped her hands and praised, "That was amazing!" Beale nodded proudly, smiling at the little girl.

The little girl giggled, looking at them shyly.

"What on earth are you doing?" the headmaster shirked in anger. The fishmonger lady, Clothilde also joined him and glared at Beale and Y/n.

"Teaching another girl to read? Isn't one enough?" the headmaster asked, throwing a nasty hateful glare at y/n, who looked at the man unimpressed. It wasn't the first time she was hearing these types of comment. She just learned to ignore them.

Beale glared back at him, opened his mouth ready to throw some colourful words, but he turned back when he felt y/n's hand on his forearm. Y/n shook her head as if saying 'he's not worth it'. Beale sighed but nodded his head understanding.