5. 𝓑𝓮𝓪𝓼𝓽𝓵𝔂

Sitting on his work desk, Beale was sketching a small model of a 'washing machine'

He huffed in exasperation as he failed to calculate the correct measurements and scratched the numbers in the paper with his pencil.

Y/n looked at him curiously and silently stood behind his chair, "Still couldn't figure it out?" she asked, scaring the poor man who was oblivious to her presence.

Beale jumped on his seat, startled, and looked behind him wide eyed. "Don't scare me like that!"

Y/n shrugged innocently, "You should pay attention to your surroundings."

Beale rolled eyes and immediately groaned when his eyes landed back on the paper he was working on.

He was about to tear the paper apart but stopped when he felt y/n lean in and rested her chin on his shoulder, looking down at the paper.

His breath hitched when he felt her hot breath on his neck.

"Hmm... interesting." y/n mumbled, looking at the blueprint Beale had created.

Beale shivered when her soft lips brushed against his ears. Y/n continued talking unaware of what she was doing to the poor brunette.

Beale turned his head slightly and watched her like a creep. He noticed how her eyes sparkled under the rays of sunlight coming through the open window. How her brows furrowed when she concentrated on reading everything written and drawn on the paper. How her lips moved when talked or how she licked her lips when they got dry.

Those lips. Those lips looked so soft. He wanted nothing more but to test his theory and check how soft they were. Mmmmm... they look so tast-

What the f***. Just stop, man! He scolded himself for those wild thoughts.

He didn't want y/n to be angry at him. 'Ok, think of something other than her.'

Books? Oh how he and y/n- oh no no -sigh- Think about some bad things... ugh bad thing... bad thing..... Gaston... he mentally grimaced, 'Ewwww! Disgusting.'

Finishing her rant, Y/n turned her head to look at Beale and finally realized how close their faces were(which she didn't mind at all, because staying closer to him makes her really happy and content). She noticed Beale was staring at her lips with a dazed look and she also noticed how he frowned all off suddenly.

"Did you hear a single word I said?"

No reply.

"Beale?!"

Still nothing.

"I am having dinner with Gaston today." And like Y/n thought it worked.

"WHAT!??" Beale shouted. "WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT? DOU YOU KNOW-"

See?

Y/n cringed at the loud sound and moved away from him rubbing her newly sore ear. "Slow down, big guy. I am joking."