4. 𝓑𝓮𝓪𝓼𝓽𝓵𝔂

Y/n ran towards the cottage as Beale chased after her, laughing

Y/n ran towards the cottage as Beale chased after her, laughing. She was about to climb on the stairs successfully but her leg stopped in the air as two strong arms wrapped around her waist and hoisted her up in air. She squealed as Beale held her with one hand tickled with the other one.

"St- Stop!" she said in between her laugh. "P-please, B-beale."

Beale finally took pity in her and stopped tickling, still holding her.

Y/n rested her head on Beal's chest and took deep breaths to calm down. She looked up at Beale who was already staring down at her in awe.

She opened her mouth to question him but stopped when she heard the tinkle of a sweet music box tune wafting out of Beal's father's basement workshop.

Instantly a smile curved on her face as both her and Beale turned their heads to look towards the place where the music was coming.

Y/n turned to look at Beale and hit his forehead with the rose she was holding, gaining his attention. She motioned him to follow her. 

Beale obediently nodded and silently followed her into his father's dusty work room.

Beale and Y/n quietly watched as Maurice sang along with the music box theme while he worked on his workplace.

"How does a moment last forever?
How can a story never die? "

Maurice tinkered with gears on the box, which depicts an artist in a Parisian garret, painting his wife's portrait as she holds a red rose above their baby. The same painting which was hanging on the wall behind him. He glanced at it, smiling, still oblivious to the other two humans in the room.

"It is love we must hold on to ,"

Y/n folded her arms and leaned on Beale who was standing behind her, resting her back on his chest. In instinct he put his free hand on her waist, glancing at her.

"Never easy -- but we try "

Y/n looked to their right where few of her and Beal's portraits were hanging along with few paintings which she drew. She smiled in content as she continued to listen to the song.

Father. She didn't know if she had one before she came in this small town. As long as she remembered Maurice was the only father figure she ever got in her short life.

Years ago when Agatha found her outside of the town unconscious, without any memory, she brought Y/n back to the town. The council suggested throwing her away from the town. Leave her where she was found.

such kind people, aren't they?

Y/n remembered how Maurice went against them and proposed to look after her. She even lived in this same cottage for 8 months. But when she started to earn money from selling her painting, she moved away, buying a small house.