Hint 4 - Knives

A/N: Yes, I know that Aizawa's scarf is made with metal fibers. Fight me, a knife could pierce it if you threw it hard enough. Also, oh my god why is this chapter so long?? I have such a crazy weird obsession with writing confrontation and knife battles.

Kaminari was more than excited for this week. Oh my God, he was buzzing with excitement. Literally. People had to refrain from coming in contact with Kaminari or touching anything in contact with him or they would get electrocuted. It was a strong electrocution, but enough to make people avoid him.

Kaminari would tell them that the cause of his electricity issues of that particular day was just chance and probably related to the storm the night prior. But that's not really why Kaminari was lighting up with excitement.

This week they would get to work with knives! Most of the class was somewhat intimidated by the prospect of holding such a dangerous weapon. Not Denki. No, he was so ready for this moment. He wasn't great academically (though that was generally on purpose. Classes tended to bore him anyway.) but he was great with knives. He loved them so much.

They were totally badass. They were also incredibly lethal weapons and while Kaminari had zero intent to hurt anyone in that class past the expected amounts, his instincts just kind of drifted towards deadly things.

It was true that Kaminari could make do with pretty much whatever he was provided and turn it into a weapon in some creative way, but having the ease of a weapon right there and being so good with a professional tool was just so much better. So, forgive him if he was more than a little excited for the week's classes.

He knew that he would have to dial it way back because let's be honest, as weird as a high pain tolerance or knowing several languages was, being able to handle a tool designed to inflict pain and cause damage with so much ease without any notable (at least to his other classmates' knowledge) prior training was a little bit weird.

But, he promised himself that he would figure out how to get around any mistakes that could be made this week. To prepare for the chance that he would get to show off a little bit- because let's be honest there wasn't an area he would rather show off in- with his knives, he decided to up and say that he had trained with knives before.

Well- at least, he'd tell them that he got better with them after the week they learned different self-defense techniques because as far as they knew he was total shit back then.

It honestly wasn't too weird of a thing for Denki to do. He could just claim that he didn't really want to get in a situation that had to do with knives because they all saw how bad he was with them. So he simply just practiced with them.

That wouldn't explain how he had gotten so good with them in just a few short months, but he wouldn't really show his full potential. Just more than he had before.

So, when Kirishima brought up that this week would be dedicated to knife training, Kaminari jumped on the opportunity.

"I know! I'm so excited dude!"

"Seriously?" Kirishima looked at him with an eyebrow raised, "I didn't take you for the knife kinda guy."

"I'm not super big on them," That was a whole ass lie. Probably one of the biggest ones he's told and that's saying something, "but after what happened during self-defense highlight week, I worked really hard to get better with knives."

"Yeah, you were pretty bad that week."

"True. I mean, we work on hand-to-hand combat all the time and I kinda just feel stuck there so I decided knives was the best one to practice. You know 'cause there's no way in Hell that I'd practice with a fucking gun."