"what's wrong?" aurelia asked,"i'm sorry even though i don't remember doing anything which can make you upset."

theodore sighed in annoyance but soon realised that he was being stupid for acting like a complete asshole to get aurelia worried. it wasn't her fault that she liked some other boy, he reminded himself.

​​​​​​"ugh i'm an absolute idiot." theodore groaned, pinching the bridge of his nose, earning a muffled giggle from aurelia.

"took you long enough to realize." aurelia teased, bumping her shoulder with theodore's who was trying hard to keep a straight face.

"haha very funny."

"anyway, you still haven't told me the reason you were ignoring me." aurelia reminded.

"let's just say that my brain stopped working for a moment and now i've realized my mistake." theodore didn't know how to explain the pang of jealousy his heart feels whenever he finds her with zacharias.

"i don't understand what you're trying to say. . . but oh well, it's good to know that you've realized your mistake." theodore flashed an awkward smile in response, reaching out for the photograph clutched in aurelia's hand.

"did you wish her?" aurelia suddenly asked, pulling the photograph of the smiling woman away from theodore's reach who had a confused expression on his face.

"and how exactly am i supposed to do that?" theodore raised one of his eyebrows, clearly surprised by aurelia's words.

"close your eye and wish her." aurelia shrugged casually, glancing at the stars in the night sky which were enlightening the black lake beneath.

"huh?" theodore frowned,"i still don't get it."

"i'll help you." aurelia offered, moving her eyes back to theodore's bewildered face. she lightly grabbed theodore's hand turning him with her to face the night sky.

"what are you-"

"close your eyes theodore and repeat after me."

"this doesn't makes any sense an-"

"dear mum." but aurelia had already started, taking theodore by surprise.

"golden pl-"

"on this auspicious day."

"fine" theodore muttered to himself knowing how stubborn aurelia could be,"dear mother, on this auspicious day. . ."

​​​
"i wish you a very happy birthday."

"i wish you a very happy birthday." theodore repeated, closing his eyes when he realized he hadn't.

"you are an amazing human being."

​​​​​​
"you carried me-"

"you carried me around in your womb for nine freaking months, happily gulping down all the difficulties and pain to keep me safe and sound."

​​​​
aurelia opened her eyes, smiling widely and glanced at theodore whose face was being illuminated by the fluorescent moonlight.

​​​​​​" your efforts haven't gone down. i am trying to be a kind and noble human being just as you had taught me." theodore continued,"i was stupid for ignoring you before but now that you aren't here with me, i realized that i lost a precious gem. but i promise that I'll make you proud. i love you and i miss you."