Chapter 8

𝐁𝐀𝐑𝐃8:05 ━●─────── 45:15  ⇆  ◁  ❚❚  ▷  ↻

𝐁𝐀𝐑𝐃
8:05 ━●─────── 45:15
  ⇆  ◁  ❚❚  ▷  ↻

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

The preparations for the Lantern Rite were nearly complete; there had been some minor issues for some of the people in charge, but thankfully, someone had helped them resolve the issues; that someone was the Honorary Knight of Mondstadt known as Aether. That boy has been looking for his twin sister for a while now and only a few gave care about it, most people would just ask for help and forget that he's also looking for help on finding his sister.

(Name) just thinks that the people are taking advantage of the Honorary Knight's kindness, if she ever get to meet him then she would have tried to help as much as she can because she would know how painful it is to be separated from their beloved sibling.

It was also sometimes funny how some Citizens of Mondstadt and Liyue would still find ways to slander the Honorary Knight's name and background despite seeing and knowing the fact that he had almost sacrificed his life to save both Kingdoms.

It was early in the morning when (Name), Mizu and Childe left their house in the woods. The sun was now shining brightly, bringing light to their surroundings and waking up small to large creatures around. By the time that they had gotten to Liyue Harbor, it was already packed with people running around to finish their tasks on time and some just there to buy and make lanterns.

"Where do you want to go first?" The ginger-headed male asked as he looked back at the two siblings behind him. Mizu wanted to walk beside her sister so he let the young girl down to walk with her small legs. It was a good thing that he always has mora on him unlike a certain someone who's extremely rich but doesn't even seem to have a single mora on his pockets.

"..The Lanterns?"

Childe let out a small laugh due to the girl's answer, he then shook his head before speaking once again, "Alright, you're unsure of your answer, so I guess I'll just show you around first. How does that sound?" He suggested, he somehow expected that kind of answer from (Name) since she does seem to be locked up in her entire life with just because of her awed expression of seeing a simple festival; which Childe thought so, the festivals back in Snezhnaya were much grander than this.

"That's good, thank you." (Name) said as she nodded at Childe's way, she was grateful to have meet kind people like Zhongli and Childe who supports them whenever they're in any need of something, may it be money, food or household chores, the two of them were there to support (Name) and her siblings without wishing for anything in return.

She was about to walk forward to keep up with their friend but her younger sister held onto the end of (Name)'s clothe, stopping her from her tracks. "..Mizu?" She mumbled while looking down at Mizu and moving her gaze to where the child was intently looking.