Chapter 49

Milo's pov

*I'm with y/n going to his big 10 hour surgery to hopefully save his life*

Y/n: I'm nervous

Milo: don't be, you'll be ok

*we got to the hospital and I hugged him and kissed his head before he went to the surgery room. Me and Ash didn't talk, didn't play on our phones, didn't do anything until y/n was out of surgery, when he got out the doctor said he was stable and we could see him but he wouldn't wake up for a few days. I waited those few days, they felt like a few years. Me and Ash took shifts of sleeping and going to work every day until I felt a squeeze on my hand, I looked up and saw y/n slowly open his eyes*

Y/n: too bright!

*I hurried to get the lights off and Ash got the nurses, soon all the nurses came and checked to see if he was breathing, and his talking. When the nurses walked out I went and sat on y/n's bed along with Ash*

Y/n: how long have I been out?

Ash: 5 days

Y/n: oh

*when y/n spoke he sounded drunk like his words were slurred because he was trying to touch his tongue to his teeth as he talked*

Ash: Do you want water?

*Y/n nodded yes and started to fidget with his fingers as Ash went to get him a water from the cafeteria*

Y/n: do you know when I'll be out?

Milo: no baby I don't

Y/n: probably not for a while

Milo: yeah, I missed you

Y/n: I missed you too, but I had the craziest dream

Milo: about what?

Y/n: ok so I was in this room and so many people were there looking at a casket and I went up there and it was me! I tried yelling and touching people but nobody reacted, so I simply went out of the funeral home and went to the Grand Canyon like I've wanted to for years now.

Milo: that's morbid don't you think?

Y/n: eh not really

Milo: whatever you say

*Y/n quickly reached over and playfully punched my arm, which didn't hurt because of how weak he is because of the chemo and stuff*

Milo: wow great job 

*he laughed then Ash got back with the water*

Y/n: thanks

Ash: no problem, the doctors also said you'd stay here for a few days after you woke up so I guess you'll be here for a little while.

Y/n: ok

Ash: I have to go to work

Y/n: ok, bye

Ash: bye

*Ash walked out and me and y/n were left alone*

Milo: you ok?

*y/n was looking down at his blankets, just staring blankly. He gave me no answer so I decided to lift his head up, I saw a tear run down his cheek*

Milo: baby, what's wrong?

Y/n: m-my head h-hurts

Milo: do you want me to ask the nurse for something to help?

*he nodded yes so I called the nurses station and asked for some pain meds and they gave him some. After about 30 minutes y/n stopped crying*