Maddie just rolled her eyes finding herself disappearing into the crowd of people once again. She made her way to the Hufflepuff common room where it was eerily quiet as other Hufflepuffs were gathered by the couches.

Anthony was the first to notice Maddie walk into the common room, "how is he?" He asked concerned.

"He has a little burn that will heal, he should wake up soon." She said taking off her jacket.

"You're sure?" He questioned while Maddie just nodded in response. "We were so worried-"

"Worried?" Maddie scoffed, "you were worried? Were you worried when you convinced him to put his name in the cup in the first place?" She questioned, Anthony put his hands up in defense.

He walked closer to her hoping to calm her down, but she took a step back from him. She put up her hand to stop him from coming any closer, "you don't get to feel worried!" She exclaimed.

Hannah rose to her feet crossing her arms, "and you don't get to feel sorry for yourself, his life doesn't stop because of what- what you've been through." She said making Maddie laugh.

"Say it Hannah, I dare you." She muttered turning to the blonde Hufflepuff that was really working her way up to her nerves.

"His life doesn't stop because your mother died." Hannah said sternly.

Maddie's blood boiled, she grabbed her wand and made a run towards Hannah. "You bitch!" Maddie yelled towards her as Anthony held Maddie back. Hannah and the rest of the Hufflepuffs jumped back as Susan whacked her wand out of her hands. Anthony held her arms behind her back as if she was a prisoner.

"Get your hands off of me." She said struggling to get out of his grasp, eyes still on Hannah as she became more fearful. Anthony refused and started walking Maddie towards the portrait with the help of Susan. Susan pushed it open as Anthony pushed her lightly towards the staircase out of her own house. "You mother fu-"

"Come back when you're not homicidal." He said as Susan handed Maddie her wand. She took it from Susan giving them both daggers with her eyes. She pointed her wand towards Anthony, "sleep with one eye open." She said angrily before towards the stairs.

She walked away as the staircases shifted again, with Anthony who was still watching her intently. She looked up at him and held up her middle fingers before she completely disappeared from his sight. She walked to the library feeling as though that could be the only place to actually calm her.

Growing up her mom would always tell her and her brothers of her greatest stories of Hogwarts. Her mom always told her stories about the enchanted Hogwarts libraries she would spend countless hours in. Whether she was doing homework, chatting with her friends, or reading a book. It was one of the places in the castle where Maddie felt most connected to her mother these days.

It wasn't only her that felt this way, but Max too. Maddie walked into the empty library seeing her brother tapping away on the table with his nose stuck in a book again. She took it upon herself to sit across from him sitting down with a huff.

Max looked up surprised to see his sister, he quickly shut his book. Turning his attention to his sister he smiled noticing her angry expression.

"Everything's all right with Cedric? I heard that he was going to be okay." He said concerned.

Maddie nodded, "he'll be fine but he's not my problem."

"Well who is?" Max asked not up for a guessing game.

"I feel like I don't even belong in my own house and frankly I don't think they like me very much." Maddie shrugged honestly.

Max narrowed his eyes on his sister trying to understand what could be happening in that brain on hers. "Must be Slytherin!" Max exclaimed mocking the famous sorting hat, Maddie laughed while shushing him.

"We're in a library you idiot!" She exclaimed whacking his arm lightly, "I just wonder what kept me from getting sorted as Gryffindor, what makes me so different from you, Parker, and mom?" She questioned.

Max shrugged, "honestly I was just as shocked as you were but as you get older I see what the sorting hat must've seen." He said leaning back in his chair.

Maddie looked at him not understanding, "what do you mean?" She questioned.

"In front of me right now," he started pointing at Maddie, "I see an extremely loyal person who always knows what is best for people. Hell Maddie you threw Parker across the courtyard because you knew he could never survive this competition if his name was ever called because he was too stubborn to see that." Max explained, "and you ran off the second Cedric was hurt while the rest of his own friends sat there and watched the rest of the task." He finished.

Maddie nodded cracking a smile feeling better, "thank you Max."

He smiled back at her, "don't question yourself or your worth because you're not entirely like them, you are your own person." He said, "and that's exactly what mom would tell you."

Maddie got up from her seat and hugged her older brother tightly. She sniffled slightly at the thought of her mother smiling down at the pair who were embracing each other. She would have been so happy.