'That was a strange interaction,' Clay thought, sleeping it off. The more sleep he got, the more time he would be able to spend with George when he got there.

——————————————————————————
Hours had gone by and the plane had finally landed. The airport Clay was in was unfamiliar, yet somewhat comfortable given his specific situation. He was in a little rush, gently pushing through people, calling a cab. He wasn't used to this; everything was so crowded. Honestly, it was overwhelming. He had no idea where he was going or how long it would take, but thoughts of George smiling or doing his day-to-day activities shrunk his worries.

"Where you heading?" The man in the cab talked to Clay, aiming his eyes at the backseat.

"Uh... uh- hold on a second." Clay rummaged through his bag, grabbing hold of his phone. He saw plenty of messages from George hours ago, but ignored them, heading straight for George's mother's contact. Finally, he found the address he was looking for, telling the driver.

"You sure you can pay for it?"

"Uh, yeah. How longs the ride?"

"Two hours."

Clay sighed, looking up at the driver. "I can pay." Internally though, Clay was dreading every second of this ride. Why couldn't it be easy? He just wanted to hold the love of his life in his arms.

——————————————————————————
After what felt like hours of being productive by messaging Clay, wondering why he wasn't answering, editing videos, and checking twitter, George allowed himself to doze off, leaving his ringer on in case Clay messaged him. George grabbed about four pillows and lined them up, squeezing them tightly. In his mind, the pillows were Clay, hugging George, cuddling him. Although the pillows were not in fact Clay, it was the thought that counted. Eventually, George got comfortable enough against his pillows, making his eyes turn heavy. That is, until...

The front door opened.

"Hey! How are you? I'm George's mom."

The sound of luggage was being brought into his kitchen.

"Is it ok if I keep this here for now, ma'am?"

Multiple sets of footsteps came his way.

"I'll leave you to it. He might be sleeping though."

His door knob turned.

"Thank you, ma'am."

A man, barely fitting through the door, walked into his room, his hands in his pockets. The man looked down at his feet, obviously wanting to stay quiet, allowing George to stay 'asleep'. He inched closer and closer until he was sitting on the bed with George, pulling out his phone. Just then, a message notification came from George's phone, making George jump. It was Clay.

'I know you're awake, Georgie. You're making it painfully obvious,' the message read, with different teasing emojis. George smiled, rolling over to face his lover.

"Honestly, I thought it was a dream," George claimed, giggling as he watched Clay struggle to turn a light on.

"Wait, I got it." George leaned over Clay, placing his hand on Clay's thigh for support.
When he had finally turned the lights on, he could see Clay's bright red face looking down at his hand.

George pulled away, putting his hands in the air. "I'm sorry, I- I should've asked."

"Wow, George. It's been a week and you're already awkward around me? I'm your boyfriend." Clay laughed, moving his eyes from George's hands onto his face. Somehow, it seemed like George was getting more beautiful by the second.

They looked at each other for a little while until George broke his gaze. "You're tired, aren't you?"

"A little," Clay lied. He was absolutely exhausted. He was sure he had massive eye bags; he could feel them.

"Liar." George chuckled, grabbing Clay's arm. He gently pulled Clay so he was now laying down, facing George. "Sleep."

Clay smiled, leaning into George's neck. "Only if we can cuddle."

George laughed, leaning Clay's head back. Their foreheads were now touching and their noses were rubbing against each other's. "I missed you."

"I missed you too." Clay leaned in, laying a soft, loving kiss on George's lips. Immediately, both boys melted into it, glad to finally feel the other. When they pulled away a couple moments later, they repositioned themselves to tightly hold the other, to do what they've been waiting for for so long. (A/N: PLS i worded that so weird. they've been waiting to hold each other!! (i already know some of you have dirty minds lol)

"Goodnight, Clay."

"Goodnight, baby."

——————————————————————————
someone love me the way clay loves george pls <3

i hope you enjoyed this chapter! ilysm and make sure to take care of yourself. have a great day/night!