Authors Note/ About Me

Start from the beginning

Jullian Sanders

Jullian is supposed to represent perfection and numbness. He is made to be physically and mentally flawless. He is made to compliment Austin who is firey and passionate whereas Jullian is numb and careless. Like Beau, Jullian struggles with grief but he handles it much differently. Jullian is a very private person and is made to show the effects of society's expectations. Everything from how he dresses to how he interacts with the world is made to be what is expected of him. He's the ideal son with good grades, a strong athlete, a good social life, and the perfect girlfriend. He's society's definition of what a man should be to the T. Although it hasn't been mentioned in the book yet, I chose Daffodils to symbolize Jullian since it is the flower of forgiveness, new beginnings, and rebirth.

Austin Blake

Austin is supposed to represent sin. Since Jullian is made to be pure and perfect, Austin is imperfection from lust to passion. Austin is far from the ideal son, he's reckless, he's not great in school, and is everything society tells him not to be. Austin represents fire and passion from his love life to his dancing. He's openly flawed and chooses to be different and to be someone he knows people won't like. But he also represents detachment from love, friends, and family. He has the freedom to be different from society but by detaching himself from expectations he detaches himself from the connections and reliability society can bring. I made Austin a dancer because dancing symbolizes happiness, sexuality, contentment, victory, confidence, and celebration which I think represents Austin pretty well.

Jayce Williams

Jayce represents stability and hard work. He and Aiden are both made to show the effects of poverty and the very different outcomes it brings. Jayce's entire life has lacked stability and reassurance from moving from home to home. He has done everything in his power to build a stable and consistent life despite this. Another thing Jayce is supposed to symbolize is injustice, normality, and misfortune. Jayce is given a pretty shitty hand from a young age and fights to make the best of it. He is hard work and dedication at its finest. His goals in life revolve around wanting to be normal and average. Wanting a simple nine-to-five job in a white picket fence neighborhood and despite everything he goes through he continues to work toward that. That's why I chose the black crystal to best represent him. It symbolizes power, masculinity, authority, and charisma.

Markos Ariti

It's no secret that I've been building the boy's personalities to complement one another, so obviously Markos is the opposite of Jayce. While Jayce represents stability, Markos represents freedom. It's the neverending differences between conservative and liberal. Markos also represents loneliness while Jayce represents togetherness. While Markos surrounds himself with hundreds of people, he doesn't make strong connections with them as Jayce does. Jayce is about building foundational relationships while Markos just wants to be liked and believes in quantity over quality. Markos is freedom and life. He is creativity and strives under constant change. That's why I chose the snake to best symbolize Markos. The snake represents rebirth, transformation, immortality, and healing.

_________________________________________

About Me

_________________________________________

I want to say hey! I'm "Bean" but that sounds super unoriginal and bland. Unfortunately, I can't think of anything else so we're rolling with this. So, hello, I was nicknamed after Jelly Beans and now too many people call me Bean for me to not go by Bean. That being said, my name is Bean. I vibe with any and all pronouns which is pretty cool. I'm sixteen and am going to school to become a Psychiatrist. I'm probably a bisexual or a Pansexual but we don't even know at this point.

Once upon a time, I was a total athlete but now my workouts consist of getting up in the morning. Now, instead of obsessing over sports, I write, read and use charcoal in my spare time. I'm from Washington State and grew up a few miles from a reservation (sadly not my tribe's reservation but it is what it is). I'm a percussionist so I can play the drums, a few related instruments, and a bit of piano. Although I am not bilingual (yet) I do know the basics of Italian and Spanish so that's fun.

Some music I listen to: Halsey, Panic! At the Disco, Waterparks, K.Flay, Coldplay, Jaymes Young, New Found Glory, Ramones, Anson Seabra, Blue October, and Jordan Suaste.

Fictional characters I'm madly in love with: Johan Seong (Lookism), Castiel (Supernatural, Dean (Supernatural), Harley Quinn (DC), literally anyone portrayed by Anna Kendrick no matter how annoying I'm literally in love with her, Gabriel (Supernatural), Quicksilver (X-men), Johanna (Hunger games), Katniss (Hunger Games), Uriah (Divergent), Peter (Divergent), Jack Frost (literally anywhere), Magnus Bane (The Mortal Instruments), Mystique (X-men)

So, um, yeah. That's me... I'm really bad at ending these types of things soooo have a good day/night/mid-life crisis and comment any questions you have about me or my story.

Before I forget!!! I'm putting up the full playlist on Spotify for my characters. The one in the intro is just a few songs that fit the characters best but these playlists have music that talks about their situations, music they'd listen to, and music that just reminds me of them.