|| Chapter 6 || Interesting Interactions

Izuku chuckled sadly. He moved his hand back to his side and let the raindrops fall onto his face for a few minutes. It felt refreshing.

As he started to walk back to his house, he could only wonder what the rest of the week had in store for him..
. . .

Izuku was currently in front of Shinsou's house on an early Saturday morning as they both planned to play video games and chat. He knocked on the door and heard some footsteps come up to the door. Shinsou had opened the door and as the two greeted each other, Izuku entered inside.

Shinsou had shown him the way to where they would hangout for most of the day and Izuku noticed how nice and cozy his house looked. As they reached their destination, Izuku saw that the area had two bean bags, some snacks and drinks, a t.v, and some controllers. There was also a window and some other furniture near them.

"Thank you!" Izuku said with a happy grin. Shinsou rubbed the back of his neck, "Yeah, no problem." Izuku sat down on one of the beanbags and grabbed a controller and Shinsou did the same.

. . .

They played a ton of different video games, and after some time it seemed that they had both evened out their victories as Izuku had 17 wins and Shinsou had 17 wins. This was their 35th  game and it was going to decide the winner for today. They were currently playing a racing game and were neck and neck with each other. Both were concentrated on winning. In the end, Izuku purposely lost and made sure that Shinsou wouldn't notice and so, Shinsou won.

He had a grin on his face, "YEESss." Izuku simply chuckled as he happily congratulated Shinsou on his victory. They began to eat some of the snacks as they conversed with each other.

"Hey Midoriya, can I ask you something?" Shinsou asked a few minutes later with a serious look on his face. He also looked a bit sad. "Yeah, go ahead." Izuku said with a curious smile.

"Well, it's just that.." Shinsou rubbed the back of his neck, it was something that he did when he got anxious or just didn't know what to do. "Why did you want to become friends with someone like me?.."

Izuku smiled softly, "Well, let me ask you this, why wouldn't I be your friend, Shinsou?"

"I mean, aren't you afraid of my quirk, worried of me being able to control and manipulate you, of me betraying you?"

"I trust you, Shinsou."

Shinsou was surprised at Midoriya's response. "I know that there are people who look at you as a villain, but you're not terrible in any sort of way. In fact, you're quite the opposite! Many of your friends and classmates know this too, and will always think of you as a great person."

Shinsou's eyes widened and started to look glossy.

"But also, please don't forget that your quirk is something extraordinary and don't ever take it for granted. You're a force to be reckoned with and your quirk can be extremely useful when capturing the villains. I mean, you could totally make them stop what they're doing and tell us everything with just a single reply, isn't that so awesome!" Izuku said with a cheerful smile and an excited expression.

"And I know Shinsou, that you'll become an incredible hero." Izuku said with a soft voice.

Shinsou's eyes began tearing up as he stared into Midoriya's sincere emerald eyes. Izuku wrapped his arms around Shinsou and hugged him. Shinsou could only remain speechless as his body slightly trembled.

Those words had meant a great deal to him. They were soft, kind yet so powerful. His body moved on its own as he hugged him back.

'Betraying me, huh?..' Izuku internally chuckled at the other's choice of words. 'Quite an interesting thought indeed....'