Ch 3

Was this karma being a b****?

A twist of fate?

A tragic irony?

Carter pondered to himself as he sobbed relentlessly into the Original Hybrid's arms while trying to process what was happening. How could he have been reborn in a fictional television show? The teen-baby didn't even believe in reincarnation, he always thought that once you kicked the bucket then that was it not that he would be a baby in his favorite television series.

And speaking of that, why the Vampire Diaries universe anyways? A world where everyone is either a supernatural creature of some kind, a doppleganger, or whatever the hell Matt Donovan was to survive everything as a "human." Whoever did this had a sick sense of humor. At the very least, they could have allowed him to be old enough to control his bladder and bowel movements.

The green eyed baby didn't know how long he had been crying but apparently, he had cried himself to sleep because when he opened his eyes. He was no longer with his "father" but rather, staring directly into the awed face of his "mother" who looked absolutely smitten. Carter realized that he was now sitting in a baby seat carrier and a glance to his right showed that the other baby, his sister he supposed, was sitting next to him in a similar baby carrier while an ash-colored rabbit lay beside her, both dressed in white footed pajamas. Their mother sat on the couch facing the babies who were placed on the coffee table.

"They need a name, Hayley." Carter heard his new father's voice speak up from behind him as the baby-teen craned his neck to see the giant man approaching the three.

"Zoey, Liam, Caitlin, Oliver, Katherine...:" Hayley tested out the names for the babies before his father interrupted her saying, "God, no."

"Don't be so disrespectful, Katherine Pierce was one of the most bada** characters to come out of this show." Carter uselessly babbled, "I mean, she evaded you for like five hundred years, I call that a win in my book."

"See, even my son agrees with me." Klaus smirked, not seeing a small pair of green baby eyes roll around in an exaggerated manner while giving a small huff of annoyance.

"I never knew I could love something so much. It honestly feels... awful. Like it might kill me." Hayley passionately spoke as each of her hands lightly held onto both of her children making her son develop an uncomfortable feeling in the pit of his stomach.

"It nearly did." The Original Hybrid reminded, regret in his tone, "I'm sorry the beginning of their lives was so violent."

"It's not your fault, Klaus." Hayley told the man as she looked up at him, "I know that you fought for us."

You know, when Elijah thought you were dead, he said we'd lost our family's only hope." The Hybrid Mikaelson murmured

"Hope." The new mother repeated, "Hope Mikaelson."

"Hope Andrea Mikaelson" The blue eyed Hybrid finished, standing over the baby girl before looking at the other baby in the other carrier, "But what should we call this little one."

"Well, Carter's a great name." The green eyed baby boy suggested before frowning heavily, "But how can I suggest it in actual words.Can babies use sign language? Wait, do I even know sign language?"

"I have an idea for that actually." The brunette woman spoke up, interrupting the baby's train of thought as she stared lovingly at the infant, "Elijah told me that you once had a brother who died back when you were humans."

"Yes, Henrik." Klaus spoke, guilt and pain in his voice, "Why do you ask?"

"I was thinking that maybe we could name our son after him." Hayley proposed, looking at the Original Hybrid.