14. The wedding

We're in England, 1183. After isolating myself from the team for what felt like forever, the older Destiny has convinced me to come along on a mission.

Which is why I'm currently invisible, watching how a bunch of knights on horses come to a stop before egghead. Who is wearing a cape, attempting to look poor. "Please, sir, alms for the poor?"

"Out of the way, old man." One of them says. "Royal business in Nottingham. It'll be your neck if we're late."

Still invisible, I push one of them off his horse. Sara shoots another one with an arrow.

A fact I completely try to ignore, as thinking about her and being around her seems to hurt too much.

"It's Robin Hood!" One of the men shouts.

Sara lowers her hood at that. "Not quite."

By this point everybody has come out of their hiding places to join the fight and find our displaced phone.

To our annoyance, the knights are really keen on protecting their newest treasure.

Somewhere during the fight, Sara asks us a totally unrelated question. "Hey, guys, did we RSVP for Iris and Barry's wedding?"

I have no idea, because I was too mad to be around the others.

Kid does. "We definetly did not."

"That's a serious breach of courtesy." Egghead scolds.

"Don't care. I'm not going anyway." Destiny shouts, while watching two of them run away in fear.

This catches my attention from the guy I just stabbed. "Why not?"

"I don't know these people." She replies, dodging a blow.

I guess that's fair...

"Weddings are the worst!" Chucky shouts, roasting an unlucky guy.

I take the phone we need, while the Waverider appears above us, flied by the rest of the team.

Egghead shouts: "All right, team, let's go! We got a wedding to prepare for!"

---

Back in the Waverider, I'm picking out my clothes. Having finally decided on a dress, Sara enters the fabrication room. "Is that my dress?" She asks when she sees what I'm wearing.

I frown. "Yours? We've both worn this."

"Yeah, but I wore it first."

I roll my eyes. "Real mature."

Then, without shielding myself, I take it off so I'm standing in front of Sara in nothing more than my bra and panties.

I can't really read her expression. It's like every emotion mixed with each other: guilt, anger, grief, arousal...

That's why I choose to ignore it, just like my own messed up feelings. "Here's your dress."

She takes it, but doesn't leave. "We need to talk."

I shake my head. "We don't. I have nothing to say to you."

At this she raises her voice slightly. "Well, I do."

"Then write a letter." I answer bitterly, leaving the room without bothering to put on clothes.

---

We're at the rehearsal dinner. I'm wearing clothes, but not the dress I wanted. Neither is Sara, apparently not up for wearing it.

But since Sara's always been my one and only link to these people, I really don't know what to do with myself at the moment.