4. The circus

It's about 7 am. I'm packing bags for me and Destiny. After a rather sleepless night I came to the conclusion that being happy is more important than being safe. Not that I won't try to keep Destiny safe.

I do know that if it's too scary for her or she just doesn't like it, then we'll go back home. Immedietly.

Sara sleepily opens her eyes. "What are you doing, babe?" She asks in a rusky voice, still sleepy.

"I'm packing."

It takes her a while to realise what this means. "Wait, so we're gonna live on the Waverider?"

"Yep. Could you get breakfast ready? I'll wake Destiny up."

She takes my hand to pull me back onto the bed. "You don't have to do this if you don't want to."

I crawl onto her lap so I'm facing her. "I want to."

Her lips connect with mine, causing me to press my body against her. She smiles when she pulls back. "I love you so much."

"Love you too." I reply. When my mind comes back into the real world, I get off her lap and remind her: "Breakfast?"

"Yes, boss." She jokes, leaving the room.

When I finish packing, I go wake up Destiny. Her room is like always, very messy. Her closet's close to empty because I already packet her bag too.

The only thing I left is this ugly but incredibly cute T-shirt. She wanted to wear it a couple of times, but I never let her. She'll thank me for that when she's a teenager.

"Tinny? Goodmorning, baby." I say gently.

I don't get much of a response out of her. Nothing besides a groan. I try the technique that I know will work. "I have a surprise for you."

She immedietly shoots up. "Candy?"

"Well... no."

I'm about to continue, when she drops to the bed again with her eyes closed. "I'm tired."

"You can sleep on the Waverider." I reply, just to see how sleepy she really is.

She's definetly still sleepy, since it takes her a while to register my words. "Wait, Waverider?"

I repeat. "Yes. Waverider."

She quickly shoots up again. "We're going timetravelling?"

"We are once you get up." I strategically reply.

She is up in a matter of seconds. She races down the stairs and sits down at the table, so fast that I have trouble keeping up with her.

When I arrive, I hear Sara chuckle. "I assume you heard the news?"

I enter the kitchen right afterwards. I see Destiny smile with a sandwich in her mouth. "I wanna see Peter Pan!"

---

We just did all the boring stuff: I quit my job, we unpacked, I convinced the smart people on this ship to make sure Destiny stays educated,...

I also tasted that purple licorice again, which is like a heaven on my tongue. Now we're on the bridge, watching the map with anachronisms.

"We really messed up time." Sara states.

"Looks like we gave time acne." My brother grunts. Destiny chuckles at that. She's sitting on one of the chairs, staring into the temporal zone.

I explain it to them. It's almost robotically. "Each of these dots represents an anachronism we created by breaking time. In the Bureau we rate them on a scale of one to ten accoring to their magnitude of impact and potential dificulty."