CHAPTER 10

I can't believe I had a wet dream about the Nords...

The following morning Mariana awoke with a startle, nearly tearing up all the covers to ensure she was alone in the bed. Logan and Caleb had sneaked their way into her dreams - and those blue gym matts too. Her imagination had very vividly shown all the ways the devilish brothers could mess with her. 

Logan's hips nestled between her legs, his strong hands stroking up and down her body....Caleb's fox-like smirk when he went down on her with promise of pleasure...

Aggh!

"What are you groaning about?" Natalie's gentle voice cut through the images of the sexy brothers flashing through her head like a videotape. 

"Nothing." Mariana said a tad too sharply, her attention returning to the group of women running laps in distance. 

Logan was true to his word. She was put in charge of training she-wolves. Though the numbers that showed up were anything but pleasing. Ten out of what? Hundreds? Some chose to stay on the side to watch while others straight up refused the idea of violating the old rules. 

"We won't get far like this." She murmured bitterly. 

"I agree." Natalie nodded. "I wanted to join, but Max was against the idea while I'm pregnant." 

"For once I have to agree. I don't need you to go into labor in middle of the training." Mariana said sternly, watching Gwen run ahead of everyone. That girl had spirit and Alpha blood fueled it even more. 

"Nat, I need a history lesson. What the hell is up with this pack." 

"What do you mean exactly?" The woman cocked an eyebrow. 

"I mean, what's up with the division. Party Logan, party Caleb thing." 

"Oh, that." Natalie sighed. "I'm not sure it's my place to tell you this, but since you're the next Luna, I suppose you have right to know." 

Mariana managed to steady her face before it formed a cringe. Luna. The single word made her skin crawl. A nice title for a trap. 

"Alphas were forced to take the rains when they were teenagers. Logan is the oldest son, but this pack is too big for him to lead alone, so Caleb partook." She explained, "Some people are fed up with the old rules, they want more freedom. Alpha Caleb is the social butterfly of this pack, he gets along with almost everybody. How do I put this...He is basically a promise of a new start. Logan, on the other hand leads with an iron fist. He keeps us all safe. But he is..." 

"Old fashioned?" 

"Bingo." Natalie shifted, clearly uncomfortable with the subject. "So the pack sort of split into two teams. Those that want change and those that are against it. This pack needs someone who can represent all interest. Who can...bring everyone together..." She gave Mariana a pointed look. 

"And you think that someone is me?" The rebellious woman snorted. 

Now I regret bringing this up. 

"I do. You challenged Logan. No one, and I mean, no one has ever done that! There isn't a single doubt in my mind that if someone is capable of uniting this pack, it's you." 

"Yeah, because superheroes come in form of rogues, right? Don't be silly." 

"Who is being silly?" 

Both women whipped around at the sound of a gruff male voice. Caleb stood, leaning against a tree with a curious twinkle in his eyes. Her heart stuttered at the sight of him. She could've sworn that guy came with an Instagram filter. No one was supposed to look that good naturally.