Promise

A few years into the future. A little boy watched his father and uncles have another historic win, he and his sister jumped and danced and celebrated their win with their friends. They watched them carrying the trophy screaming, even though they wanted to join them they had to wait for them to return. He loved the game they played, but he loved his chachu's style the most, he even won the man of the tournament this series. He saw his uncle smile looking at the camera and say, "this is for you champ" with his always calm expression. he felt like his uncle was talking to him. He always wants to be like his Moi, calm yet a deadly player, complete opposite of his father. Both he and his sister waited for them in the team room along with all their friends.

Team India had won yet another world cup, they celebrated this win like they celebrated their every win with absolute craziness. After their celebration on the ground the team arrived at the hotel with proud looks and excited screams. The ICT kids who saw their fathers and uncle come in rushed to them telling them how proud they are. When a little Arav ran to his Moi spreading his arms asking him to carry him. Rah who was used to his Aru's behaviour opened his arms carrying the kid hugging him close. Pulling away Rah gave him his MOT trophy.

Aru: "for me" with a cute expression

Rah: "of course, my lucky charm" (kissing his cheek)

Aru: "thanks Moi."

Rah nodded and looked at the kid who looked deep in thoughts.

Rah: "all ok Aru"

Aru: "Moi can I ask you for something?"

Rah nodded: "have I ever said no to you?"

Aru: "teach me to play like you"

Rah was shocked at this strange demand but he can never say no to his Aru, his heartbeat.

Rah: "ok I will, but you will have to listen to everything I tell you ok" Ruffling his hair

Aru: "I'll do everything you say. Moi you played your first match under papa na." Rah nodded "than one day even I will play my first match under you like you and papa did. We both will open the match together like you and Ro Chachu. Promise."

Rah was out of words he could only manage a nod as he hugs the little kid tight in his arms. He never felt so proud in his life like he did today. His eyes turned glassy, getting overwhelmed with emotions when he felt little Vamika tug on his pants with a pout.

Vamika: "not fair Cha, show me some love all love for that Aru only."

Rah shakes his head sensing another AruKa argument coming his way so he lets Aru go to his papa and Ro chachu while he hugs her. Listening to her tell him how proud she is of him and everyone, how everyone was cheering for them, who troubled her, who he needs to scold, and everything he missed while playing the game. As always Rah listened to her nodding promising he will punish the people who troubled her.

Rah walked to the team room where everyone was celebrating and waiting for him, their captain to cut the cake. He joined everyone for the celebrations when Vi came to him.

Vi: "Heard you are taking my son under your wing." (with a smile)

Rah: "your son aka my god son asked me for something and how can I say no to him. But I'm not sure what I'll teach when everything I know is what I learnt from you. I don't even know if I'll be able to teach him."

Vi: "all I did was guide you whenever you needed me and today where you are, you reached by your hard work, dedication, focus and calm nature. This is what you will teach him, even if I looked for a coach everywhere, I would have never found someone as perfect as you for him."

Nush who heard their talks: "he is already so much like you Rah; you both have the same personalities and you being his teacher is just what he needs. We ourselves wanted to ask you that but look he beat us to it. Won't you be his mentor, his guide, his friend, and his coach? Do you promise to teach him the game, protect him from everyone? Promise me Rah you will be there for him."

Rah: "I will bhabs" side hugging her Rah kissed her forehead promising her.

Vi: "anyways you don't have any option he has announced to everyone that you agreed to teach him." hugging him from the side. "who would have thought my kiddo would be teaching my son. I'm so proud of you my Rahuliya"

Few years later

India Vs England

Two men were seen walking in, the crowd at Wankhede stadium burst into a cheer watching their former captain KL Rahul walking in. but to their surprise he was opening with the new debutant VK Arav not Devdutt Paddikal, his regular opening partner.

Rah let Arav take the strike.

Rah: "remember Aru you can do it just focus on the ball ok. I trust you my champ."

Saying this he went to the non-striker's end. The first over was a dot over, Aru couldn't score a run. Sensing his nervousness Rah went to him and patted him on his back.

Aru: "Moi, I'm sorry."

Rah: "you know I got out on duck in my first match. It's ok, get comfortable and when you are ready hit the shots."

Aru: "but Moi it will cost you the match."

Rah: "it won't, I am your coach and I know your qualities that's why you are opening with me. Come on now get over your pity party and start playing. We have a match to win."

As Rah had predicted Aru got comfortable and started hitting the ball for huge runs. Soon he reached his first ever century, taking off his helmet raising his bat he did a classic KL Rahul celebratory action pointing his bat at his Moi. While on the non-striker's end Rah celebrated in a non KL Rahul way as he went towards Aru. Shocking the Mumbai crowd and everyone watching.

Aru and Rah hugged each other repeating a similar scene that happened in Melbourne on boxing day years ago. Only difference here was that this time it was his Aru hiding in Rah's arms. Rah's eyes were also glassy watching his godson/ student play today. The ICT members who were watching the scene also had tears in their eyes, watching the kid who grew up Infront of them playing and succeeding.

India won that match thanks to the strong bowlers and runs scored by their ex-skipper and the debutant. 

Rah who was doing the post-match interview with Yuzi said something that took everyone besides the former ICT to a surprise.

Rah: "as you all know I have been playing for a long time now. I had made a promise to someone years ago and today it has been fulfilled." Yuzi gave a knowing smile. "today i stand here to thank everyone in my life for all the support I received throughout the years. So, with a happy and proud heart I KL Rahul officially announce my retirement making this my last match. thank you."

saying this Rah walked off but was stopped by Aru and his team who formed a quick guard of honour for him along with the England team. He walked out with a proud look and glassy eyes. He looked at Aru who was looking at him with a pout and tears in his eyes. Rah embraced himself for the tantrum that will be thrown his way at home.

Hey guys

Hope you guys like it.

Just my imagination going wild.

If you guys want me to write about something I can give it a try. So just comment on the request chapter.

Do let me know if you guys like it. Any criticism is good criticism.

Once again thanks AshuICT

Till than stay safe and wear your masks

Love

Roshnee xx