Stubborn brothers

He tossed. He turned. He rearranged his pillows. He checked his phone. He tried reading a book but still no sleep. He started counting "1 sheep 2 sheep... 100 sheep" but still no sleep. He cannot call anyone. Sighing Rahul decided to go on the roof top, maybe some star gazing would help. He brewed himself some hot chocolate and made his way up. It was indeed a beautiful night, he found himself a nice spot and sat there staring at the night sky while playing some soft music. He needed this me time, without thinking about anything, enjoying the calm and peacefulness of the night sky. While he was looking at the moon, he heard some shuffling noise in the background. He turned to look toward the source, he spotted his "jyesth bhrata" aka Mahi Bhai who looked as surprised as him. He was a bit nervous as he never had a proper conversation with him after all he was the great "Mahindra Singh Dhoni".

Rahul always wanted to have a bond with him like the others, but he was too scared to talk to him, not wanting to say something that would offend his idol. Vi always tried making Rahul talk to him but he couldn't find himself saying more than a few formal sentences and escaping from there. He remembers how hard it was him to stop calling him "Sir" but after receiving looks from Mahi Bhai and taplis from Vi it stopped. Yet he was nervous talking to this legend. He was more nervous after the whole KWK fiasco, he tried escaping from any informal conversation with anyone. He knew he had retracted into his shell shutting everyone out including Vi, Harry and Monku. He knows his brothers are giving him some time but soon they will pounce on him. He saw Mahi bhai coming towards him and smiled at him and turned his face back towards the moon and said "I couldn't sleep so I decided to come up here Bhai."

Mahi was feeling a bit restless and decided to go up on the rooftop for some fresh air when he saw his Cheeku's lanky "Rahuliya" looking towards the moon with a calm expression. He looked so calm without any traces of worries, stress, and responsibility. Out of all his Cheeku's kiddos this one acts like a grown-up, he acted to old for his age. but he knew this inside this façade there was a vulnerable kid. He knew Vi was frustrated with this kid of his for shutting everyone out. He has been like this since he has returned from his ban. After so many efforts they had managed to get him back but the kid they once knew didn't return the person who came was someone else. He heard Cheeku curse and vent out his worries for this man who is now lost in the moon. Mahi wanted to talk to him about this but decided to go against it as he was shutting everyone who was close to him specially Vi who he loved the most and vice versa. But today he is going to talk to this kid, he knows this kid is lost and needs someone to guide him back. He needs to have "the talk" with him like he had with all his other kiddos and teach him the fine art to ignore the unwanted. Deciding this he walked towards the lanky kid who turned around looking startled. But than gave him a smile which Mahi returned and sat next to him while listening to the kid's explanation of his midnight venture while looking at the moon.

He looked at the moon and said "you don't have to explain yourself Rahul. Even I couldn't sleep." Both sat there in silence when Mahi asked, "how are you Rahul?" Rahul looked at Mahi Bhai with a confused expression not understanding what he meant by that and said, "I'm ok Bhai." Mahi looked at him and said "I'm not asking physically Rahul I'm asking mentally. I've noticed since you're back you have been acting different. You are no longer the lad we once knew." Looking into his eyes. He saw the emotions change from confused to hurt to guilt to embarrassment to disappointment. That moment Mahi knew this kid was facing more than his letting on. The incident effected more than he originally thought. Predicting the strings of protest Mahi said "don't you dare lie to me bacha I have noticed you from the day you returned you are not our Rahul. forget about me your own Vi bhai doesn't recognise you anymore." Rahul just looked at Mahi Bhai and murmured "I kind of deserve this bhai" he looked at Mahi Bhai and said "it is better this way" turning towards the sky avoiding any eye contact. He didn't want his face to betray his words. Mahi shook his head at the stubborn kid and said "why is it better this way? I know you did a mistake, but you realised it you apologised for it. Everyone knows that because they know you and they will stand by your side whether you like it or not. But Do you realise these actions of yours are not only hurting you but everyone around you who love you." He looked at Mahi Bhai trying to find any lies but couldn't see any. He thought "does his ignorance affect anyone the way Mahi bhai was saying, did they really care about him the way he was saying, do they really want him here?"