«17 - Nightmare Interview»

Start from the beginning

"Wha...? Hold on a second! There's no way I'd be some bloodsucker spy-"

"Silence. Say nothing. No one trusts the words of a spy." Kureto interrupts Yuu.

"Nothing." I say in reflex, hoping I'm not killed on the spot.

He stares at me and sighs,
"You truly are Guren's subordinate."
"I take that as a compliment." I grin.

He snaps his finger and two guards come out with...

"Kimizuki!! Yoichi!! Let them go before-"
"Before what? Because you were stupid enough to be a vampire spy... I had your 'friends' knocked around a little." Kureto responds as my blood boils.

I look to Yoichi and Kimizuki as they're covered in bruises with a gag over their mouth to prevent them from speaking... or screaming out...

"You can't be serious!! What did you do to them, you bastard?!" Yuu yells.

I reach for my Katanas, but in turn, I find a sword race across my neck, belonging to Kureto Hiragi.

"Don't try it. We know how strong you are. I won't tolerate this." He threatens.

"Tch." I remove my hand from my Katanas and to stop myself from murdering everyone here, keeping my hands in my pockets.

"Now we can finally begin the effective part of this interview. Yuuichiro Hyakuya, (Y/n) Gracefield. Resist anymore than you already have and I will have your friends killed. Tell me nothing, but the truth." He commands.

He takes a pile of documents and skims through them.

"We don't have many reports on you. Apparently, both of you are rare talents who quickly qualified for cursed gear... and managed to acquire a high-ranking black demon series weapon in a very short time frame. Ah, but so did those two. Now, usually anybody who takes the cursed gear aptitude test is given a thorough background check first. But that wasn't the case for any of you. Why is that?"

So that's how it is...

Before I knew it...
"Do it."

A knife is stabbed into Yoichi's shoulder, causing tears to streak to the corners of his eyes. A muffled scream sounds before the gag as I try to reach out, but Kureto stops me forcefully.

"Stop!! I'll tell you, okay?! I'll tell you everything I know, so don't hurt them!!" Yuu screams out.

"Of course you will. This is the Japanese Imperial Demon Army. No one goes against the wishes of the Hiragi."

Damn you... Damn you...! Damn you!! I'll kill you!!

"Now let us begin. You were raised in the Vampire Capital. However, you plotted an escape, which succeeded."

That escape couldn't succeed from the moment someone was killed...

"In the course of that, your family was killed. That instilled in you a strong and very personal desire for revenge against vampires. That applies to Yuuichiro, but for (Y/n), she has shown very little signs of this. If anyone is likely to be a spy, it would be you. That is the extent of what we have in our reports. Is this true?"

"Yeah, it is. But just because I don't show it, doesn't mean-"
"Don't speak except to answer."

I grit my teeth.

"After your escape, you were found by Guren Ichinose. Why? Why would Guren bother to save you? What are you to him?" Kureto persists.

"I-I..."
"That is something we don't know. Apologies if that's not the answer you want, but it's the truth." I manage to say with a calmed voice.