«17 - Nightmare Interview»

Start from the beginning

"Just do it. Or should I kill you?"
"Awh! But I don't want to."

"Haha. You joking right now? Quit underestimating me or are you scared that I'll beat you? If that's the case, it can't be helped."

"A troublemaker... I guess since it was an order... shall we have at it?"

His cursed gear flames a bright blue as he aims it at me.
"Byakkomaru, fire. 'Bang'."

I stand on guard, watching his movements, his cursed gear and his sight.

His ability is a long-ranged one since his cursed gear is gun-themed. If I can get in close, which he likely won't make it easy, I can win.

Knowing this, I charge in immediately, but as I see a blue flash fly past me, invisible to the naked eye, I turn around to slice through a blue tiger.

He doesn't shoot bullets... He shoots a form of his demon. This is Byakkomaru's form.

I feel the edge of a blade tap the back of my neck to see that Shinya Hiragi is behind me and pointing a knife attached to his gun, at my neck.

"I win."
"Hm? What determines that? I can could easily..."

I swing my katana to his neck, stopping before it reaches and smirk,
"You would be dead if this were a battlefield."

"Ooh, you two are like twins or something." Shinya smiles.
"Unlike idiot Yuu, I know how to use my brain." I joke.

"So you must know that Byakkomaru is a long-range weapon. Close up, I'd never stand a chance against melee-range monsters like Kureto or Guren. I might add you to the very, very, very bottom of that list." He smiles innocently.

"Well, I think my first move of trying to close the gap was a clear sign I realised your 'weakness', haha. I'll beat you some day, so watch out, okay?" I grin.

"Still, you received your cursed gear only recently, right? It's looks like neither of you have learnt about demon 'manifestation' or 'possession' yet, so I hardly expect more from you two. Don't feel bad about it, okay?"

"Your face is suddenly looking very punchable, haha. Wouldn't you agree on that, Yuu? That Major General, Second-In-Command, Shinya Hiragi of the Japanese Imperial Demon Army, has a very punchable face?" I turn to Yuu to see him trying to hide his laughter.

"Oh? I was hoping you hadn't heard of me. I didn't want you to add my name to your list of people to punch later, but I guess it's too late now." Shinya sighs.

"Like Guren, he's originally from a junior branch family, and is detested because of it. So if you want to kill him, go ahead. Nobody will care." Kureto adds.

"It's no fun getting away with murder if everyone wants it to happen. And he's funny, no one wants to kill off the funny guy." I say.

"Awh, at least the girl likes me. You say such mean things." Shinya pats my head, giving me the urge to add someone to the very, very top of the punch list.

"But anyway, Kureto. Does this clear any suspicion you had on me?" Shinya asks, "From Yuu and (N/n)'s reaction to all of this... it seems obvious that they doesn't know me."

Did he just call Yuu by that nickname? I think he did. Oh, how I wish to ruin that pretty face of his.

"Huh? What're you guys talking about?" Yuu asks, quite confused as to what situation we are in.

"Yuu, it's simple. Because Shinya and Guren seem to get along, this 'interview' we are doing is a test for Shinya, as well as us." I explain.

"There is a growing suspicion that there may be a vampire spy inside the demon army. That sort of thing... is a problem the Hiragi family have very little tolerance for." Shinya adds in.