Chapter Twenty-Three

ROSE POV

There was a small after party in the common room for about an hour with people just cheering and clapping as Graham Montague held up their trophy in the middle of the room.

"It's starting to smell like sweat and wet dog in here." Leo frowned and looked around the room.

"I broke up with him. Just a few minutes ago. In the locker room." I leaned over and informed him.

"When I saw you go in there, I knew you were either going to come out single or fucked, and I'm glad it was the first one." He replied, wrapping an arm around my shoulders and squeezing.

"I'll just pretend I only heard half of that." I shook my head slightly.

Daphne caught my eye from across the room and made a b-line to Leo and I, her eyes wide like she was about to burst.

"When were you planning on telling us that you and Theo broke up, bitch?" she shook my shoulders. Her use of the term was endearing. It was all in the tone.

"It literally just happened. How do you know already?" I questioned. Word travels fast in Hogwarts.

"Well Pansy told me that Millicent was told by Blaise that he caught Theo hanging on some 6th year, and when Blaise went to go confront him, Theo told him." Daphne explained the chain of events.

"Oh wonderful." I sighed.

"So, who broke up with who? What was the reaction? Come on, spill." She urged me on, a cup of pumpkin juice in her hand that I'm sure was spiked with some kind of liquor.

"I'd rather not tell you now and then have to repeat myself merlin-knows how many times for everyone else. Where are Parkinson and Bullstrode?" I searched around the small crowd for them with my eyes.

"Want me to beat his ass? Because say the word and I will." Blaise popped up out of nowhere, ready to defend me if needed.

"No, Zabini, it's fine. I broke up with him. He can do whatever he wants." I was flustered as his sudden appearance and jittery energy.

"Rose! Did you see—" Goyle came up to us suddenly as well with Crabbe not far behind.

"Guys! It's fine. I broke up with him." I exclaimed, putting my hands up to establish my personal space.

"You and Nott broke up?" of all people, Draco chimed into the conversation.

What an actor.

"Yes. Just a few minutes ago, and now I'm sure the whole fucking common room is aware of it, so thank you." I scowled at all of them.

"What is everyone talking about over here?" Theo joined the conversation, and I slapped a palm to my forehead.

Pansy and Millicent ran up behind him, and now we were all crowded as a group in the corner.

"You two just not going to inform us of anything?" Pansy crossed her arms and looked between Theo and I.

"It literally just happened." I threw my arms up, slightly annoyed at their nosey tendencies.

"The drama." Leo jazzed his hands sarcastically.

"Are you guys good?" Millicent stepped in front of me and tried to say in a hushed tone, but we were all so close that her words were heard my everyone.