chapter seven

quick authors note before i start:

I go back to school girl on Monday so I'm not going to be anywhere near as active with the updates as I have been but I will try to get on out 1 at least twice a week.

shortly after you and the team had gone over the case on the jet you all sat down on your chosen seats to get some well-deserved rest before you landed in California. the case was about kids, you hated that. it shocked you to your core #that such monsters existed, people who would want to take an innocent little boy or little girl from their families and murder them.

the unsub had been kidnapping the kids and holding them for 9 days before killing them and dumping them in their bedrooms. it was brutal. you were sat in the same seat you always sat in the double dinette at the back of the plane, reid on your left and the window on your right. hotch and rossi were seated in front of you but they were lost in a conversation about cars or something.

reid on the other hand was deep into a book about what you could tell to be some sort of complex quantum physics. you loved how he could get so into a book that he was completely oblivious to his surroundings. rossi signaled you into the conversation between him and hotch with a wave of his hand.

he laughed 'so y/n, when are you going to stop eyeing up reid and finally shoot your shot,'

your eyes widened as they shot to hotch's face, sacred that was going to be made. yet, you were surprised to see he was returning the smile that rossi also gave you

'uhm i think you've got yourself confused rossi, I'm not sure I've been eyeing up anyone' you disagreed.

'i'm not sure I've been eyeing up anyone' hotch mocked, replicating our higher pitched voice as he laughed. 'y/n chillax I'm not going to fire you for looking at reid'

'im not deaf you guys, just because I'm reading doesn't mean in dead' reid spoke up from the corner of the conversation.

the three of you looked at reid in slight disbelief that he had come at you with this sarcasm.

'whew reid where've you gone, I don't think I've ever heard you use that tone!' rossi joked as reid let out a loud scoff.

'whatever,' reid continued with a loud eye roll, 'ill have you know that me and y/n have not been eyeing up each other, everything is professional between us'

'yeah, if you call walking out of a club bathroom all flushed faced together profession' emily admitted, 'don't think we didn't see you two that night, you were practically undressing each other with your eyes' you felt your face immediately flush a crimson red and your eyes shot to reid as your both started at each other wide-eyed.

'careful reid, don't hold your breath by longer you're gonna pop a blood vessel there' rossi pointed at the boy geniuses bright red face as he let out his typical chuckle laugh.

'don't worry you two, you're not on my bad side. i couldn't care less what you two have going on as long as it doesn't affect your work ethic' hotch let out a rare smile.

'we're landing in a second guys, seatbelts on.' jj walked past to sit on her seat as she winked at me and reid.

once you had landed you all made your way to the police station. you and reid made sure to travel in separate vehicles to attempt to dissolve a bit of the awkwardness between the two of you. you were quite upset that emily and rossi had called you out like that. you didn't care if they had seen you, you cared that they had blatantly outed you to the whole team.

but, you weren't one to let someone's actions affect the way you acted at your workplace so you tried your best to forget about the shenanigans that had happened just minutes ago.