prologue

Y/N's POV

Your heart raced as you walked up to the tall building of the FBI in Quantico Virginia, your palms were sweaty and your head was filled with many, many thoughts. You were going in to see your (hopefully new boss) SSA Aaron Hotchner aka the unit chief of the behavioral analysis unit. Your only experience in talking to him was in a very brief phone call last week in which he had told you, you'd gotten the job.

You'd previously worked in the L. A field office but your boss wanted you to go further in life and pointed you in the direction of the bau. You were only 23 but had an IQ of 187 and two PhDs. One being in psychology and the other in physics. You were always bullied growing up, constantly tormented, made fun of, and beat up but you never let it get to you, you knew you were stronger than that and you knew your parents would be disappointed too.

Yes, of course, you missed your parents. You didn't get enough time with them whilst they were alive. Hell, now the only time you have with them is at a depressing graveyard. You were only 16, it all happened too fast. You and your twin brother Elijah had been sat at home alone when you got the call the words 'BEVERLEY HILLS ER' flashing up on your phone. It was honestly embarrassing to you that you had added it to your contacts as your brother had had so many bar fights and accidents you basically lived there. Thank god your job gave you health insurance otherwise you'd be screwed.

Long story short your parents had been going on a valentines day trip to Paris but they never made it to the airport, drunk driver. The crash was horrific, they found your parents' bodies in at least 12 different parts but still managed to put them all together for an open casket. Your birthday was February 13th - the day before Valentine - and ever since then it just never felt right the celebrate.

You thought the only way to repay your parents for all they did for you was to work hard and get a good stable job to one day provide a glorious life for their grandchildren. Thye paid for your private education your whole life and you later when on to get into Harvard.

You were snapped out of your daydreams as you bumped into a cold glass door

"fucking bitch ass door!" you exclaimed as you rubbed your head

"hey hey mind your language," a tall bald man spoke softly to you and you looked up, "there are children around!" he said as he pointed to a small brown-haired bow with thick frame black glasses, and slicked-back hair 'damn he's hot' you thought to yourself but you were soon brought out of your thoughts when you realized you were at your new workplace

"you look like you got enough shit in that bag to go on a month-long vacation! I'm guessing you're the new agent?" said a stunning woman with brown hair and bangs. damn is everyone in this building hot?

"urm yes hi my names y/n y/ln." you said as you extended your hand to shake the brunettes "could you tell me where Aaron Hotchner's office is?"

"of course! hotchs straight up those stairs its the first office," she said

you giggled as you headed over to the short staircase at the nickname he has 'hotch' seemed kinda sweet for a man who sounded so stern over the phone.

as you reached the door that seemed to tower over your short body you wiped your sweaty palms on your suit pants

(your outfit)

You slowly brought your shaky hand up to the door with a sign that read 'aaron hotchner' and knocked. three times.

you heard a faint "come in!" and opened the door and stepped into the room. It was a relitively spacious room with a sofa on the far end and a large dark wood desk in front of some bookshelves.

"agent y/ln! It's a pleasure to finally meet you, I'm sure your going to lvoe it hear. your superiors at your old job have had nothing but good stuff to say about you!" he said with a faint smile on his face

you breathed a sigh of relief, your 'old superiors' had been dicks to you your whole time there, always reaching their hands up your skirt and slapping your ass. nevermind the insults they threw your way. you pushed that thought aside though and reached out your hand to shake your new bosses, being careful not to let your sleeve go too far up and expose the scarred skin.

"your desk is the one next to dr reids," he said, "feel free to go down now and set up your things."

"Sir-"

"Hotch, please."

"uhh ok, hotch, I would just like to thank you so much for accepting me here in the bau, this has been my dream career since I was a child and I promise I won't let you down!"

"thank you agent, it's a pleasure to have you here," he said as his eyes pierced into yours.

"always hotch, and it's y/n. please." you smiled as he reciprocated the action as you stepped out of his office and walked down to your new desk.

you let out a long breath that you didn't even know you were holding in and quietly said to yourself, 'maybe this isn't going to be bad after all.'

little did you know someone else heard.

[935 words]

FIRST CHAPTER YALL!!

I'm honestly so excited for this book and cant wait to see what it develops into. At this point in time, I'm unsure of what my posting schedule will be as it's only baby steps. I really hope you guys liked this and please please please leave some suggestions in the comments (remember its a spencer reid fic not hotch)