Instead of the usual Hawaiian shirt over a plain tee, his mother had forced him to wear a jacket, because according to her, he had a “terrible” sense of fashion, which Richie thought was bullshit. He ducked a little bit to see his reflection a bit clearer in the dark window of the shop, catching sight of a weird stain under his collar, next to his left sleeve.

He frowned at it, and tried to rub it away, scratching at it with his fingers. As Richie worked away, staring hard at the stain in the reflection, a face appeared from behind the glass, startling the boy and making him jump away.
An old man, with a wrinkly old face and an even older baseball cap, sipping on a drink in a red soda cup, stared at Richie with a blank, yet somewhat confused expression on his face for a few seconds, before rolling his eyes and going back into the black pits of the shop.

Richie paused and looked at the now empty glass window of the shop, no longer having any interest in getting rid of stains on his jacket if creepy old men were going to pop up out of nowhere.
He shook his head slightly, mumbling "Jesus, give a boy a warning..."
Richie huffed, looking down at his shoes, maybe Eddie's mom hadn't let him come.... or maybe Eddie had just forgotten.

Just then, Richie felt a tap on his shoulder, and heard someone whisper, "What are we looking at?"
He turned to see Eddie standing next to him, looking like he'd just run a marathon and holding a small basket, also staring at Richie's shoes with a puzzled look, like the boy himself had been doing just a few seconds ago.

Richie grinned, "Eds! You made it, I was starting to think you'd never show up!" Richie paused looking at the small boy, who looked a little out of breath and red in the face, "Why do you look so...tired?"

Eddie stopped looking at Richie's shoes and glanced up at the taller boy, with a small smile on his face, "I ran here idiot, I was getting late,"
"Late?" Richie asked confused, and then checking his watch said, "I mean it's only 12:08,"
"Yes Richie, late," Eddie then looked up at the shop Richie had been standing in front of for the past 16 minutes and chuckled, "You were waiting here probably looking like a doofus standing outside a thrift shop that's about to be converted into a women's underwear store in a few days,"

Richie took a second to take in what Eddie had said, a look of horror on his face as he realized that sure enough, there was the half painted sign at the top of the store now read "Undergarments," and that this was probably the reason those teenagers were looking at him weirdly. Eddie laughed at the look on Richie's face, and the taller boy rolled his eyes whilst smiling.

"Laugh all you want to Edward," Richie said in a cockney accent as the two of them started walking down the street, "But now, I know exactly where to go to get your mother a spiffing Christmas present,"
"Don't call me that, and shut up," Eddie laughed, playfully pushing Richie's arm.
Richie laughed too, and then spotted the basket Eddie was carrying, "Why do you have a basket?" he asked, pointing at it.
"I told my mom I was going to visit my nana,"
"Oh right… I didn't know you had a nana,"
"Maybe that's because you've known me for four days,"
"Hey, I'm still learning,"
Eddie smiled and then said, "It's also because I don't actually have a nana,"
"Now that made sense," Richie stared at the small boy, "Care to elaborate Mr. I have a nana but don't have a nana,"

"So, we had this neighbour, and she lived with her son next door, and sometimes when mom was busy, she would look after me. Well, a few years ago, her son moved to New York and just... didn't come back. She was in the house all alone for 2 weeks before anyone realised, and it was hard for her, I mean she's pretty old, like eighty something, and her son randomly left. Anyways, the chief came through and moved her to a group home thing, for old people, and her son never visits her, so when I can, I go up there with some sandwiches and books to give to her. I mean, that's the least I can do, mom wouldn't let me go down there for the longest time because it’s near the barrens, but it’s hard being an old lady, she needs some company too right?"

"Damn Eds... that's really sweet of you" Richie said with a genuine smile on his face
"Yeah whatever..." Eddie said blushing a little, "She's really nice, I'm sure you'll love her,"
"I will?"
"I didn't lie to mom when I said I'd visit her," the small boy said with a pointed look on his face
"Of course you didn't" Richie said with a small sigh, he didn't particularly want to spend time visiting an old lady, but smiled, trying to look more cheerful for Eddie's sake.
"Come on Rich, it won't be that bad, I promise we'll do whatever you had planned for us after this, it won’t take too long either." Eddie tugged on Richie's sleeve, pulling the taller one forward, who gave in to the shorter boy's tugs.
"Onwards Eduardo! There's no time to lose!"

"Stop calling me that," Eddie said, nevertheless there was a smile on his face, as he lead Richie down the roads, Richie listening and poking fun at Eddie as he blabbered on about how he admired the hygiene levels in his nana's ward, the two walking down secluded paths and jumping over little streams along the way, to spend some time at an old folks home.

A/N

I FORGOT TO DL THE GRAMMAR CHRCK THING LMAO 🤠

AAAAAAA I'm sorry this is so short I've been SO BUSY LIKE VTENEJEKEMEN I'm working on animating kuroo because who doesn't love him 😩🤟 ANYWAYSSSSS IM STILL CATCHING UP WITH READING LIKE 60 FICS BAHAHAHA IM SORRY, I haven't even finished chapter 17 and it's been what two weeks?
Anyways I'm trying to get back on track because I hate the UK government ✌️

But let's forget that for now ITS RICHIES BIRTHDAY IN 9 MINUTES AND IM SO HAPPY BECAUSE HE MAKES ME SO HAPPY AND AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA I JUST LOVE THAT BOY SO MUCH

Oh and also remember to vote if you liked the chapter. 🏜️🏜️🏜️

LAST THING
THANK YOU IF YOUVE STUCK AROUND I LOVE YOU GUYS SO MUCHHHH, REMEMBER TO STAY HEALTHY, DRINK LOTS OF WATER, I LOVE YOU AND IM PROUD OF YOU SO KEEP GOINGGGG ❤️❤️❤️❤️