53. Total Opposites

Start from the beginning

   Em's sincere praises when I show him the dishes, tell me that I've succeeded.

   Everyone orders and we're sipping wine while waiting for the food to arrive.

   "So, what was that about you becoming world famous and what do I have to do with it?" I can't wait to learn. "How did the meeting go?"

   "Oh, the man was a real pain in the ass," Lucky grunts. "We started at five and the whole thing went on for three full hours with no prospect of ending. The guy was like a coiled spring."

   "Yeah," Tony intervenes, rolling his eyes. "At some point I started to wonder if he was on some kind of drugs and where this endless energy was coming from. He asked about almost every tiny detail of our life, taking notes all the time. We confessed where we had graduated primary and secondary school, in which University we're in, where we worked, about our parents, hobbies, former and current romantic relationships, absolutely everything."

   "At some point it was pretty embarrassing," Mikey quietly adds. "But he was determined to learn it all and said it was the standard procedure."

   "Absolutely annoying!" Jamie also joins. "It was going on for a full hour. We were almost ready to run out when he finally said that he wanted us to perform life some of our most popular songs. To be honest, I felt relieved. I'd much rather play than being interrogated."

   "It was really funny, though," Lucky chuckles, "how the man's mouth fell agape when he saw Em. He wasn't able to stop gazing at him during the whole interview. Not that it stopped him from going on and on with the questions, most of them directed particularly to Em. I'm astonished how, at some point, you didn't tell him to fuck off," he shakes his head, looking at Em.

   "It's just his job, guys. He has to make sure that we're not going to pull some ugly scandal, right after the company has invested an outrageous amount of money in the band," Em says and the others nod in understanding. "I'm sure, as impressed as he was by me, I was still his main suspect," he sneers.

   "What did you expect with this kinky look," Lucky grins widely. "I wonder what he would've thought, if he saw you with Sunny."

   I immediately tremble at his words. Is it possible that their fame has the price of Em not being with me anymore? I know that agents prefer their rock stars to be single. That sells records better.

   "Hey, sorry!" Lucky quickly blurts, seeing my startled expression. "Don't get me wrong. I just meant that you're pretty impressive as a couple. Em looks smug and perverted while you're just the sweetest, shy bunny. You're total opposites."

   He looks remorsefully and smiles anxiously at me.

   "It's ok!" I shakily smile back. "I'm not offended. I just thought that... may be... you know..." I feel that I'm severely blushing and just lower my eyes, unable to go on.

   "Lucky, you just don't know when to stop, do you?" Emma snorts. "Be happy that it's your birthday, or else I would've made you regret your big mouth."

   "Emma, don't!" I mumble. "He said nothing wrong. I know that I and Em are totally different. I get what Lucky means and agree. It's not a bad thing."

   "Me and my sweet kitty are the best match. Isn't that just right, love." Em cups my checks and lifts my face to look at him.

   He sweetly smiles at me and pecks my lips. I smile back and nod.

___________________________________

[1] Grandmother

[2] Tortellini from Bologna

[3] Ham, typical for the town of Parma

[4] Sausage, typical for the town of Bologna

[5] Italian firm cheese

[6] Capon broth (from a rooster, bread in aspecial way)

[7] Bolognese cutlet

[8] White, sparkling Italian wine, named after the village of Prosecco

[9] Battered and deep fried foods in Japanese cuisine

[10] Hand-pressed, oval-shaped balls of sushi rice with toppings

[11] A chili paste, made of Japanese horseradish

***

Photo by Rajesh TP from Pexels

Photo Harry Dona by from Pexels

***

A/N

Hello everyone at the end of Chapter 53!

Thank you for reading and supporting! ❤❤❤

You're amazing!

Again, sorry about the lesson in Italian and Japanese cuisine! 😀😀😀

I wanted this book to be not only a hot love story, but also to express my firm believe that people from all over the world must live together in harmony.

And what brings people together better than the good food and love? 💕💕💕

Despite the fact that we might live on two different sides of the globe, we're all the same.

So, yeah, I send you all my love! 💗

Share your thoughts, be free to express yourself and criticize if you think it's necessary.

And don't forget to vote, if you enjoyed the story.

It's the greatest award for the author.

See you in the next chapter.

Love: Anny