A night in the maze

Minho and Alby had gone to check out the supposedly dead grieved and should have been back by now but they were not there ... yet. Eco could see Newt running from entrance to entrance as the runners came back from their day's work, they couldn't stand to see Newt like that so they went off towards him. Once Eco and reached Newt they stuck out their hand to rub him on the soldier when he pulled them into a hug. Eco and Newt had become quite close over the past few days. One thing that Eco didn't know is that Newt had a huge crush of them. "Hey, you ok?" Eco said in a worried tone looking at Newt in the face. He had light blue eyes the colour of the sky and dirty blonde hair ruffled up cutely, they also noticed tear marks running down his face with many more to come. They wiped one away and pulled him into a hug once more. "They will be back. I promise they won't die tonight." And they looked him in the eye again, he just sniffled and turned to face the maze entrance after ruffling his hand through Eco's dark green hair, cut similar to his but long enough to cover their eyebrows and half eye.

The doors had started closing and Newt was already halfway to homestead when Thoms spotted Minho carrying Alby across his back. Newt they're here. But Newt was already limping along trying to get there in time. Eco looked at Newt, the pain in his eyes and walked into the maze with no hesitation, reaching for Alby. " No! Eco!" He shouted then turned to Thomas and as if he had read his mind he shouted. " Tommy no! You dare!" but Thomas walked into the maze at the last moment, following Eco's footsteps. The last thing Newt heard from them before the door closed was, "No Thomas you shucking idio-"

Eco and Thomas stared at each other. "No Thomas you shucking idio-" but they didn' t Finnish the sentence and just turned to look at Minho. He just stared at them in his knees panting from the weight of Alby. Then he slowly said ,rolling his eyes , " Well done, you just killed yourself." Then he gave up and said , "We should split up to have a better chance." And was gone. Thomas turned to look at Eco and saw them angry, for the first time. "You can't just give up... you're supposed to be a shucking runner!" But he was already gone. Then Eco heard the sound of grievers screeching and clicking.
"Welp... I guess it is us.. u have a plan? I am assuming you do since you came in." They raised their eyebrows in surprise when Thomas actually said yes. Then it dawned on the both of them... they were in the maze at night. No one had ever survived a night in the maze...