6. Accidents Happen

Start from the beginning

I looked at the small kid with the freckles and the very curly brown hair. So that meant he was only fifteen?

In the meantime, Buz continued.

"Mitchel has some aggression problems. He wouldn't mind releasing his anger on you. Aaron... Well, let's just say he doesn't have many friends, so he'll probably follow the friends that he does have."

Okay, so that was cleared up. Basically, in summary, I should not piss him off this trip. Got it.

"And what is your reason? Ambition? Greed? Jealousy?"

Buz winced and bit his lip at that.

"Jealousy it is. Just because of my position?"

He didn't move and it dawned on me.

"Love?" I carefully tried.

His eyes darted to my face when I figured it out. His cheeks turned red, but his expression turned furious.
"You shut up! You don't know anything about me."
He averted his angry face and I turned my eyes on the road again.

Okay, so I found his weak spot. Clancy.

A small snort came from the person behind me and I heard the sound of someone stretching.

"What's going on? Are mommy and daddy fighting?"

A feeling of unease crept up on me, but Buz beat me.
"Fuck off."

"Chill, man. I'm just kidding," Aaron replied with a smirk while he poked Lee to wake him up.
"Hey Lee, get your lazy ass up and put your seatbelt on. You're gonna get yourself killed," he jokingly said.

Lee rubbed the sleep out of his eyes and I turned back on the road. In the distance, a white truck was approaching. Buz saw it too and motioned everyone to duck. He himself kept sitting up straight, knowing that he looked old enough to not be recognized as a kid. The truck passed us, and I recognized a swan, the logo of Leda Corp.

Leda Corp was a medical organization that investigated IAAN. Next to that, they were basically a hospital service. If there was a truck driving here, that meant it was probably transporting medical supplies.

Buz came to that same conclusion, and I saw that an idea formed in his mind.
"Let's rob it."

"What?" I asked with widened eyes while I turned my gaze to him. "We are on a mission."

"Yes, but Clancy would be happy to get new medicines. We are running low on them."

"No, you just want to get on his good side. Fine by me, but not now. That's a Leda Corp truck! You don't just overtake that."

"We are with five psi. We could easily take them."

"Yes, and in the meantime, we attract unwanted attention from any possible nearby PSFs. We are not going to do that."

"I'm afraid that sadly for you, you don't have a say in this. We outnumber you. Turn the car around, or I will."

He started to threaten me, but I stood my ground.
"No."