005

005: a

"I'll call you later after my class then sabay na tayo to my unit, okay?"

"Mhm," I responded to Dani on the phone, "I'll wait for your call."

She eventually hung up and I continued with my first plate for Engineering Drawing One. Alas singko na sa hapon at konti lamang ang tao sa caf kaya't kanya-kanya kami ng lamesa ni Anj.

Nasa kanan ko siya, gumagawa rin ng sariling plate, at halatang malapit nang sumabog. Damang-dama ko ang enerhiya niya kahit 'di ko makita ang kanyang mukha.

Every now and then, his curses would bring out a laughter from me. He was voicing his frustrations and I could only listen in amusement, well, comfort him too.

Frustration was also with me but I'm not really the type to verbally let it out. I guess pagkatapos nito, I'll just sleep as a way of destressing.

Well, kung may time.

Habang iniinom ang aking grape-flavored Zest-O at tinatanaw ang patapos na plate, naramdaman kong may tumabi sa 'kin.

I turned to my left and a mischievous smile welcomed me. "Hi po."

Instinctively, lumayo ako sa kanya at lalo lamang lumaki ang kanyang ngiti. "Luh. 'Di naman ako nangangagat."

"Ba't ka nandito?" my voice managed to remain calm despite feeling the opposite inside.

"Forgot?" he asks while diverting his gaze on the taped plate, "I'm supposed to buy you a meal, right?–"

"Uy! Boss Nong!"

We both turned to Anj who had 4 packets of Zest-O on his hands. I noticed he looked shocked and happy seeing the man near me.

"Anj, my boy!" Glyxx stood up and walked away to greet my friend with a bro-hug.

Why is everyone in good terms with this Glyxx‐dude?!

"Nadayo ka sa caf dito, ah?" Anj converses with the older man.

I realized I was only wasting time listening to them, so I went ahead and tried to finish my plate.

Maybe, if I finish it while they're talking, I could escape whatever Glyxx has planned.

"Kat, una na 'ko!"

Nabigo kong itago ang naguguluhang mukha nang magsimulang magpaalam si Anj sa 'kin.

I was supposed to go before you!

"H-Huh? You're leaving me?" I tried to communicate with him through my eyes but, of course, he didn't understand! Tinawanan pa tuloy ako ng lalaking 'yun.

"Mhm! May pupuntahan din daw kayo ni Boss Nong, mauuna na ako..."

It was all too late when he finished fixing his things and the canister was already over his body.

Wala na.

"Alis na 'ko! Bye sa inyo! Happy eating, yie!"

I defeatedly watched Anj walk away. When Glyxx sat beside me, I didn't even bother to budge anymore.

Sinubukan kong balewalain ang kanyang kuryosong mata ngunit nakihalo na rin ang kanyang nakakahilong amoy. Hindi naman mabaho. Honestly, I hate the fact that I like how he smells.

"Tititigan mo na lang ba plate ko?"

He was leaning his face on the table so when I called his attention, he was innocently looking up at me.

I tried to clear my throat and I looked away to eradicate the image of his face in my mind. It wasn't working!

"Do you want me to look at you?"