Free Falling

Pairing: Kurt Hummel/ Dave Karofsky

Rating: PG or PG-13 for most of it. You want unedited? I'll send you a link!

Warnings: Swearing... warnings may change from chapter to chapter

Genres: Drama, Romance, Supernatural, Fantasy of a sort...

Free Falling

CHAPTER ONE

Seven year old, Cody Brenner watched sadly as his parents cried over his lifeless body in the hospital, clutching him, begging him to come back. He was confused, he wanted to go to them, comfort them. But he couldn't bring himself to. He felt whole right now, while his old body was bruised and broken.

He wasn't sure how he'd gotten here. All he could remember was riding his bike in the street on his way home from school and a car honking behind him. He wasn't sure how he'd gotten to the hospital at all.

He didn't know how long he stood there, watching the heart-wrenching scene unfold, but gradually he became aware of someone standing beside him. He looked up at the young man standing beside him, who was simply dressed in a pair of dark jeans and a long sleeved white shirt, rolled up to his elbows.

"Hi." Cody said, smiling up at the him. "I'm Cody." He stuck out his small hand smiling eagerly. He knew that he wasn't supposed to talk to strangers, but Cody wasn't afraid, he somehow knew that the man had been with him, even before now. Maybe for always.

The man knelt beside him, taking his tiny hand in both of his, looking at him kindly. "I'm Kurt. Do you know why I'm here?" His voice was soft and gentle.

Cody looked towards his parents then back at Kurt; thinking. "It's... time for me to go." He said slowly. Kurt nodded, urging him on. "You've always been here though, waiting for me."

"Yes."

"Can I say goodbye?"

"Do you really want to?"

Cody looked at his parents again, then down at his feet, shaking his head. It was so sorrowful and painful over there. "You're going to take me with you right?" He didn't want to go back to his parents, but he didn't want to be alone either.

"Of course." Kurt stood, keeping hold of his hand and leading him through the hospital. The nurses, doctors and visitors didn't seem to see them, even walked right through them sometimes.

Cody thought that was pretty cool, since when his friends had asked him which super power he'd choose, he'd always said that he'd want to be able to become invisible.

"Will they be okay without me?" He knew that he shouldn't dwell on the past, but he couldn't help himself.

Kurt took a minute before answering. "They're going to be sad for a while, but two years from now your mommy's going to have a little girl and they'll be less sad after that."

Cody wished that he could meet his little sister, but didn't say so aloud. "Will they forget about me?"

"Never."

Cody smiled, satisfied. "Are you taking me up to heaven?"

"Yes... Are you scared?"

"No, not with you here. You're an angel right?" He felt Kurt squeeze his hand gently.

"Mm-hm"

"Will I get wings?" He asked excitedly.

"Eventually, but first..."

Kurt did not much want to be sitting here right now, before Kim Lexxas. One of the head honcho's of heaven. She assigned the angels to the humans that they would look after and eventually lead to the afterlife.