Ch.6 What a Night!

Start from the beginning

Cress's mothers head snapped up as the scent of a male wolf with her daughter came into the room. Her body tensed up and her eyes turned dark but turned back to normal when she saw it was only me.

If it was another male besides family or friends carrying her, she would have been alarmed.
With a warm smile, she mind linked to me telling me I could take Cress up to her room.

Garret nodded and carefully walked up the stairs and opened the door with his foot. Even Cress's mother knows how cranky she can get when woken up. With a creak from the door they were in Cress's room.

The room was nice and cozy. Pale, baby blue paint was all around the four walls.  In the far corner of her room was a queen sized bed with a white and pink quilt. Soft pillows were neatly placed near the head board.

A book shelf stood to the right of the bed and a couple dressers on the left and right side walls. Next to the left side of her bed a small table had an alarm clock and an empty glass of water on it. A desk across the room had her laptop on top with as a comfortable chair next to it.

Photos and posters lined the walls in an orderly manner giving it a girly look. Some medals from training were lined on top of her book shelf.

Pealing my eyes away from one of her inspirational cat posters, I walked to the edge of her bed. Reaching out with one arm, I folded the quilt over the bed before setting her down.

Carefully and steadily, I lowered her onto the bed before folding the thin quilt over her body. I silently observed the way she tucked herself into a ball and grabbed the quilt almost protectively.

A smile unknowingly made its way onto my face as I watched her snuggle into the blankets. Shaking my head, I prepared to leave the room before a voice so soft I almost couldn't hear came from Cress's mouth. Leaning closer I heard her whispering in her sleep, "Don't leave me."

Before leaving the room I quietly whispered, "We'll never leave you Cress, you don't have to worry about that." Then I walked out of the room.

(Narrator)

As Garrett left the room Cress stirred in her bed as the quilt warmed up her body. Turning onto her stomach she buried herself deeper into the covers. The events that happened just now was unknown to her.

The worries earlier in the day seemed to vanish as she snuggled deeper into the bed and was able to fall asleep in seconds.

(A couple of hours later)

A massive crash resounded from the kitchen startling Cress awake from the noise. Jolting awake, Cress threw the covers aside, and ran to the door before hearing another crash, louder this time. As she tip-toed down the steps she cautiously peered into the kitchen.

Plates and utensils were broken and thrown all around the kitchen. The cupboards were hanging open on their hinges as claw marks were streaked across them. Standing in the middle of the dinning room fighting, were two huge wolves.

A loud scream erupted from Cress as the wolves tackled each other coming in front of her making her stumble back. The loud ruckus from the kitchen awoke her parents and they rushed right away to see what was happening.

While Cress was taking everything in, her parents hurriedly went to break up the fight. Garrett, James and Finn burst through the door and came running to the scene once they heard Cress's scream and the noise from the kitchen.

James and Garrett were still in their practice fighting gear while Finn was wearing his SpongeBob slippers and robe. As they looked around the room to see what was going on they finally realized the situation.

James and Finn nodded to Garret. Garrett looked around the room and quickly spotted Cress and went to her side to protect her from the unpredictable actions of the young Alpha werewolves. James and Finn then went over to help calm down the two wolves.

Garrett protectively backed away from the scene shielding Cress from the agitated wolves. Cress now curious peered out from behind Garrett as she heard her father using his Alpha voice on the two wolves to stop them and demand them to shift back to human.

(Cress pov)

While watching my father use his Alpha voice on the wolves, I can see James and Finn flinching as they felt the power to obey roll around them in waves.

While Garrett seemed fine to any outsider, he was still flinching from the power of her dad's voice. I can feel the slightest shivers emanating from his body as I was standing close too him.

I don't feel my father's Alpha powers since I am practically a human but I am a little frightened from the tone of voice my father is using. I don't think I have ever heard my father speak in such a scary tone of voice.

I watched as the wolves instantly stopped fighting and bowed their heads in sync and shifted. Once the black wolves shifted to human form I was a little surprised to find my brothers lying on the hallway floor.

But I kinda already figured out that the wolves looked exactly like my brothers wolves. What I can't figure out is why did Jake and Jared fight?

They are always able to keep their cool and what would lead them to both loose their cool and act out. I know for a fact that wolves with Alpha blood can get agitated and are quick to fight.

However, the last time I remember them having a fight like this was years ago. So what triggered them to fight now all of a sudden?