Chapter: 13

"Time may pass, places change, but memories... They are forever." - Unknown

——————————————————–
Months later...

The start of 1990 was like any start of any year. New year, new me, was always the catchphrase people would always say.

The arrival of a new decade meant the start of something new for someone. The beginning of the '90s has just started and along with the appearance of new singers with it as well.

For Alexander, the start of 1990 was just the commence of his unfathomable stress. He had five years, just five more years to go.

It's already been a year since Alex and Chris joined Selena y Los Dinos. Alex still didn't know how time went by so quickly.

Alex was now nineteen years old; he has lived longer in this era than in his era. Speaking of his era, he has grown so used to this time that memories of his era are becoming nothing but a blur by now.

He didn't know whether to be afraid or thankful for that. It was another proof that he loves living in this time.

Selena Y Los Dino's popularity has increased even more since Alex and Chris joined. The recognition the band was receiving was unreal, especially in the music market.

People from all over the world such as Mexico, Spain, and South America. Were visiting Selena to hear her sing, another success that she was becoming a huge singer.

In the 1990 Tejano Music Awards, the Selena album led Selena to win Female Vocalist of the Year and Female Entertainer of the Year. Songs from the album such as, "Contigo Quiero Estar" was nominated song of the year, while "Amame, Quiereme" was nominated for vocal duo of the year.

Alex couldn't have been more proud in standing between the audience and watching Selena win all those awards. Although, at first, he didn't want to go to the TMA awards. But, he was forced to go and was the best decision ever to see Selena win all those awards.

Selena has also just turn nineteen like Alexander. It is kinda strange how both of them are the only nineteen-year-olds in the band, and one of the youngest.

The band has started its next Album, Ven Conmigo.

A.B Quintanilla remained her principal record producer and songwriter after the Selena album was a success in the music market.

The album was mostly going to be half Mexican Cumbia and half rancheras, with Selena's basic Tejano beat.

Ever since the band hired guitarists Chris Pérez and Alexander Mercer who introduced rock sound to the band's music and performances, the band's popularity has also grown astonishingly big thanks to their different beat that separated them from the usual Tejano beat.

The time Alex and Chris have spent in the band has also helped both of them with their skills and helping with the music production.

Alex always thought that music was the least of his things he will ever do, but, turns out not only did he became one of the best guitarists in the group like Chris. He has also learned to become a songwriter, helping out A.B with some lyrics for the next album.

Thanks to the band for starting with the production of the Ven Conmigo album. They have managed to get 6 out of 10 songs finished by the time summer was upon them.

A songwriter by the name of Johnny Herrera had also been a big help with the making of the album. He has helped A.B and Pete compose the majority of the songs.

They have just started on the 7th song. There's been some talk between them that the song they were working on was going to be a hit.

Alex already knew which song it was, he remembered that it was made a remix in 2005 when they made the Selena tribute called Selena Vive.