Chapter: 7

"It's a beautiful thing to meet someone who makes you forget about your troubles." -Robert Tew.

——————————————————

"You guys brought the stuff you will all need, right?" A.B asked for the fifth time. It's already been 15 minutes since they left San Antonio to head towards Corpus Christi.

"For the fifth time, yes, we do have everything we need," Alex replied.

The week has already gone by real quick, much to the surprise of Alex and Chris. The majority of it they spent it shopping for necessary things such as buying clothes, suitcases, shoes.

Now they were heading towards Corpus Christi. Alex still wasn't very fond of going there again and Abraham being there all the time didn't help it either.

That man seemed to have an issue with him and Chris, despite meeting for the first time. The worst part was that he was going to be them during the tour.

Alex never liked Abraham, he was nothing but a scumbag who controlled his daughter and maybe uses her as a moneymaker. It left a sour taste in his mouth knowing that he will probably prohibit Chris from talking and hanging out with Selena, or maybe even prohibit him.

If he even talks to her.

Alex plans on avoiding Selena for the majority of the gigs they'll be going to. It's not that he doesn't want to speak to her, but he wouldn't be able to handle it.

Seeing her alive as she was breathing, smiling, talking, joking. A lump formed on his throat when he first saw her, she was there in person, her career was beginning to take off.

He would rather just be cast aside and not interrupt anything that will change anything in this era. He also hoped that avoiding Selena wouldn't affect anything.

I mean, avoiding her should be a breeze, right?

"So you're telling me we don't have our rooms inside that bus?" Chris said which snapped Alex out of his thoughts.

"No, we have bunkers. I mean it's not bad, at least we will be next to each other." A.B responded.

"But won't it be weird? Like, sleeping on a bed bunker while a girl sleeps next to the bunker next to you?" Chris wasn't too sure about sleeping inside the tour bus with people he hasn't met yet.

"Oh, will you quit making such a fuzz?" A.B said. "Nothing is going to happen, it's not like anything weird is going to happen."

"What about you, Alex?" A.B looked at his rear-view mirror. "You alright with sleeping next to people?"

"I mean, I lived with Chris," Alex replied.

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"I can cope with it as long as I sleep at a bunker bed that's farther away from the rest," Alex replied, ignoring Chris's remark

"That can be arranged," A.B smiled.

"We should get something to eat, the ride is more than an hour-long," Chris said.

"You up for something to eat, Alex?" Chris turned to look at Alex.

"Nah, not hungry at all at the moment." He replied.

Chris shrugged, "Alright, I guess it's just you and me A.B."

"I'll stop by a near H.E.B store real quick."

Alex wasn't hungry, in fact for some reason he wasn't hungry at all. He guessed that going to the Quintanilla house was starting to make him slightly anxious again.