Chapter: 1

I've never been interested in creating a story much less fanfiction. But I always wondered what would have happened if Selena lived? What would have happened if she never died?

I've always wanted to know what would have happened if she survived. Then I decided to create a story where she will live and grow to become an even bigger Icon.

Also, English is my second language. My grammar and spelling may not be the best but I'll make sure to improve them over time.

——————————————————

He didn't know how long he has been floating in this dark void. Maybe months, years, or maybe eons. But that was all he felt and was exaggerated as well.

He didn't remember much about how he died. The last thing he remembered was a massive pickup truck ramming his body. He didn't feel pain afterward, but he did hear all his bones breaking upon impact.

Furthermore, he didn't hear when the pickup truck was constantly honking at him to move. Instead, he was too invested in listening to Selena.

The only singer that brought him peace in his lonely life.

And the singer whom he admired ever since he first caught sight of her on a TV when they were doing her tribute.

He also didn't feel pain when the ambulance arrived and took his fragile and broken body to the hospital, he didn't feel pain (emotional) when he was pronounced dead upon arriving.

But why should he care anyway?

He was an orphan. He didn't have anyone, he was all alone in this world that moved forward without you.

Maybe dying was the best that could have happened to him. At least he didn't have to be in this cruel world with no one but himself.

He didn't know how long he's been deep in his thoughts or didn't know how it was possible since he was dead.

But he never noticed a hooded figure standing in front of him.

"Alexander Mercer." A voice called out to him.

He didn't know why, but his whole body froze. He couldn't move his head, hands, legs, or anything except his eyes.

Alex slowly rose his gaze towards the figure that called him. Upon glancing at whatever was in front of him, he froze; whether it was from shock or fear.

In front of him stood a mysterious figure covered in a hooded robe. The sight didn't cause a single ounce of fear in the now-dead boy - he was more confused about the situation.

Shouldn't he be dead?

"Correct, you should be dead by now." the figure responded. "If you're wondering how I know. I can read your thoughts as well."

Alex didn't respond as the only thing he could do was look at it. It gave off this peaceful and calm aura. Yet, he wasn't fazed or bothered by its looks.

"I'm... Dead right?" He knew it was a stupid question to ask but he couldn't help himself.

"Sadly, yes you are." The figure replied as it moves slightly closer.

"What now?" Alex questioned, raising an eyebrow "Shouldn't I go to heaven already or to hell?"

"Not yet, souls don't go to heaven until the 40 days mark." It informed him. "The body is dead but the souls wander the earth until they hit 40 days before finally going to Heaven or Hell."

"Oh..."

"But that's not what I'm here for, Alex. Your death wasn't supposed to arrive this soon."