Kabanata 21

Kabanata 21

"Miss Crest? Did you ever thought of stopping designing? I mean, may time po ba na parang gusto mo na po mag give-up?" one of the students from the fashion school where I am conducting a seminar asked.

"Oh, the truth is, almost eighty percent of my life before is in the verge of giving up." I smiled. "I know some of you I am a victim of rape, right?"

They all nodded kaya bumuntonghininga ako saglit at muling nagsalita.

"Well, the thing here is I loved designing ever since I was young pero hindi ko siya naisip i-pursue noong college kasi walang direksyon ang buhay ko. You know that feeling when you didn't know what you want in life?" I asked and I heard chuckles when they relate on it. "I was once like that, carefree, happy, go with the flow, walang balak sa buhay. Noong college ako, I thought of joining a fashion school to pursue designing but that incident happened and I just lost the will to do it again. Unfortunately kasi, the dress I designed myself on my graduation is the same dress I wore when that happened."

I saw the sadness filling the hollows of their eyes kaya umiling ako.

"Oh, no, don't be sad, I'm fine now." I smiled. "There are people who helped me stood from the ground when I fell, I found people who gave me the motivation to start again. You know what I realized? Somehow, just going with flow isn't right all the time, may panahong darating na minsan hindi ka lang sasabay sa agos. There are times you have to learn to swim and fight the currents no matter how strong it is going against you.

"Mahirap sa umpisa pero kapag katagala'y mas magiging malakas ka. I almost gave up my dreams, fashion designing was my life before but I forgot it because of the challenges given to me pero I helped myself to be better and recover. Sabi nga ng Tita ko noon sa akin, ang asawa niya kasi is my psychiatrist, she told me. Collect and grab the stones thrown at you and make your own kingdom." I said.

"Never give up, you are stronger than the currents. Fluctuat nec mergitur, our family motto. Life might toss you out of the waves but we must not sink." I said softly and nodded. "That's all, thank you so much for listening."

The all clapped their hands and I gently nodded.

"Thank you so much for that heartwarming speech you gave us, Miss Crest!" The host then greeted. "Everyone, let's give another round of applause to Miss Crest Veronica Sandejas, Fashion Designer and the CEO of the rising clothing line in the Philippines, Crescent Shines!"

I was then awarded with a certificate for being a speaker in today's fashion designing student's seminar and I felt so happy and overwhelmed smiling and being greeted by the people around. Some asked for a picture with me, there are a lot of students idolizing me, making me smile kasi they're wearing the clothes I designed today.

"Miss Crest! Maraming salamat po sa inspiration! Noong nalaman ko po ang story niyo talaga na-inspire po akong mag-design!" one of the students then greeted me.

"Salamat! I am glad inspiring you all, guys. You inspire me too." I smiled softly.

"You're so pretty, Miss Crest! You're a model too, right? You're the face of your own company?" I chuckled and nodded.

"Yes, nakakahiya naman..." marahang sabi ko, nagbibiro at tinakpan pa ang bibig para mukhang mahinhin kaya nagkatawanan kaming lahat.

The students asked me for photos and selfies too na masaya kong pinagbigyan, I spent almost half an hour having quick chikas with the kids and I was so glad hearing how I inspired them in their journey.

Who would have thought? The story I was once hiding by myself will inspire people in the future?

"Grabe naman at famous na ang Ate Crest-ganda namin na 'yan," Scira then teased after I finished joining the crowd.