c h a p t e r - f o u r

⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆☽Ⓛ❈Ⓒ☾⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆

Emmanuel's POV.

"Watch out!" My mother's voice cuts across the applause.

I turn just in time to see Peter lunge for me. Ezekiel reacts faster. He slams his hand into his chest and then rips his hand back just as fast. My eyes widen as I see the heart in Ez's hand, dripping blood across the grass. The ex-Alpha sways in front of us, a gaping hole in his chest, before falling lifeless to the floor.

"No!" Brock's broken voice cuts through me like a knife.

Guilt pierces me, even though I am not the one who killed him.

"You bastard!" The Beta yells.

He runs towards Ez, who drops the heart like it has burned him. When the Beta reaches for my brother, I come up to his side and snap his neck. The crowd is silent as my brother and I stand next to the two bodies, shock on both of our faces.

Applause slowly breaks out, starting as a slow clap and turning into deafening celebration. Our parents come over to us, offering congratulations and words of comfort. My dad, Dane, puts his hands on my shoulders. He holds my face, making me look into his orange eyes, identical to my own.

"Son look at me," he orders. His face softens as I stare up at him. "It's going to be okay. You did what you had to do to save your brother."

"I killed someone," I reply numbly.

"It will never get any easier, taking a life, but to be an Alpha, you have to be able to do it. You saved a pack from terrible treatment. You've given them a chance at a better life, Emmanuel. Take comfort in that."

"Where is his son? Brock?" I ask him, looking around.

I can't see him anywhere.

"He took off before we can stop him. Your friend Harvey is trying to chase him down."

The next hour or so is a bit of a blur. I shower and get treated for my wounds. My ear grows back, and my jaw heals. Ez and I are alone together. We sit in silence, both haunted by our actions.

"We had to," Ez says gruffly and then coughs to clear his throat. "We had no choice."

"No, we didn't," I agree quietly. "I wish we had."

"He was never going to let us take over. He would have kept coming back."

"What about his son?"

Ez's lips form a thin line, and he shakes his head grimly. "Harvey couldn't find him."

"What if he comes back for revenge?"

"Then we deal with it when the time comes."

⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆✥⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆

"Well? Did you hear from them?" I ask Ezekiel when he comes into our office.

He nods and looks at me expectantly. "Did you?"

"Yes. Their answer?"

"Yes. You?"

"Yes!" I reply excitedly.

"We got in!" He shouts.

We jump up and down and hug each other, acting very un-professional for two of the youngest and most powerful Alphas in the country. Today, we found out that we have been accepted at North Forest University to study Greek mythology. Ever since we were kids, both Ez and I have been fascinated with folklores and mythologies. It's exciting to be a creature of supposed myth, but it's also fun to study it.

The Alphas of North Forest ✔️On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara