c h a p t e r - t h r e e

This actress is similar to Rosemary in my mind. Obviously you can imagine her any way that you want!

⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆☽Ⓛ❈Ⓒ☾⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆

Emmanuel's POV.

"Yeah. I think it's only fitting, right? Mum and Dads are Alphas of South Forest, we'll be the Alphas of North Forest. It's poetic."

I stare at him for a minute before I realise that he's serious. "Okay. So, who's the Alpha for North Forest again?"

Ez pulls a face. "Peter Turner."

"Turner...isn't he the guy that got in trouble with the council for approving that forced marriage?"

"Yep," Ez responds.

He opens one of the desk drawers and pulls out a stack of papers.

"Take a seat, this will be a while," he says to me.

I pull up one of the chairs and lean across the desk. Ezekiel lays out the papers, showing complaint forms after complaint forms that have been filed to the council about Alpha Turner.

"He's forty-one. He's been Alpha for the last nineteen years, since his father died. He has a son, who is sixteen, his mate died about ten years ago."

I pick up one of the forms and scan my eyes over it.

"He is infamous for encouraging beneficial matings, rather than true ones, chosen by the Moon Goddess. He believes that we have the power to choose our mate. He encourages his pack members to reject their true mate if the mating won't be beneficial, and to find someone who will offer more success in life."

"What a bastard."

"It gets worse. He has no females as his subordinates or in his warrior force. The pack has tried to overthrow him twice without success. His only true follower is his son, who defends his father without question."

"Okay, I don't need to hear anymore. I'm in. I want him out."

Ez grins. "Good. I told you that he is the best choice."

Ezekiel and I have never wanted to inherit the territory off of our parents. We have always wanted to prove ourselves and earn our Alpha titles.

Plus, our parents are nowhere near retiring age. They still have another twenty years of leading this pack and my brother and I want to take over a pack the moment we finish school.

We only have a month left before exams. Two months and we've finished completely. We're eighteen, we're both itching to be Alphas. It might seem young to some shifters, but I've heard of people become Alphas at sixteen.

As long as you are strong, mature and have a level-head, you can succeed. Ez and I balance each other out. He's the calm, collected thinker and I'm the rash, impulsive doer. We work as a team.

Once we've finalised our plan, we get our parents into the office and show it to them. They look over it, pointing out holes and making comments.

In the end, they agree that it is a good plan. They're worried, of course, because a fight for Alpha status is usually a fight to the death. Most Alphas aren't willing to hand over their pack.

Ez and I won't take him on at the same time, it wouldn't be fair. We will both fight him individually, and probably his Beta or Gamma. We have two months to train. Two months to be the best we can be. Two months until we get our own pack.

⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆✥⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆

The day comes round a lot sooner than I anticipated. After we finished school in July, we visited the North Forest pack. Alpha Turner accepted our visit request, not realising what we were coming to tell him.