Yami's POV

Tonight's dream is different. I'm observing it? Usually I'm the one, partaking in the dream, I am the one in the throne but what is this? The people before me didn't take notice of me as they interacted. While I'm not the one in the throne, the person there certainly looks like me, with more tanned skin and sitting on the arm of the throne is Yugi. 

The Egyptian look certainly suits him, though he doesn't look royal, perhaps more of a slave. I felt my chest tighten. Wait, does that mean, no, that's silly. The idea that this person could actually be Yugi in a past life or something doesn't make sense. 

I felt my body shiver as two people walked through me. Is that Seto Kaiba and Emi Motou? I think I must have eaten something bad. That's right, this is a hallucination. "My king," Kaiba bowed. Yep, this isn't Kaiba. "You have a meeting due to start shortly." 

The man in the throne sighed heavily, taking 'Yugi' by the chin. "I apologise little one," He cooed. 

"Perhaps if Yugi would like," 'Emi' smiled sweetly. "Yugi would like to accompany me in the daily rituals to the spirits." 

"What would you care to do little one?" The man in the throne asked. "Would you feel comfortable assisting Heba today?" 

'Yugi' nodded, eagerly. "If this helps you and your court, it would be a pleasure my king," His smile was sweet and genuine.  This is a side of Yugi I would love to see. He stood, owing to 'Emi' "I hope I am not a bother to you." 

'Emi' shuck her head, "I am glad to have company today." 

The pair left, leaving the man and 'Kaiba' alone. "My king," 'Kaiba' began, concern in his voice. "You seem very attached to your slave sire. I believe you have been advised, you are to be of aged soon and thus should be married soon." 

The man in the throne clicked his tongue in frustration. "Who I choose to get close to is of my own decisions," He scoffed, standing to face the man. Things were quite for a moment as the man walked in my direction and stopped, staring me in the eyes. What, what's happening?  "Yugi is the most important person to me," He spoke and I was confused. Is that directed to me or to 'Kaiba'?  "If anyone were to hurt him or take him away from me, they would be welcomed to the shadows." 

I gasped, sitting up swiftly. What was that dream? Was it a dream? That threat felt so real. Maybe that's how I feel because I'm scared of hurting Yugi. I sighed, pulling my knees up and hiding my head in them. It's been two days and the most contact I've had is between myself and Kaiba. They won't let me near Yugi for reasons no one will tell me. 

I growled, I just wanted to get to know Yugi and why he appears in my dreams? I don't believe in this thing called fate  but I just feel like there's a reason I'm so drawn to him. In anger, i threw off the blanket and head to the bathroom, turning the tap on and splashed the cool water on my face looking in the mirror, not seeing myself but the man who sat on the throne. What were you to Yugi?