Reaping

As the killer stab the woman ,I started to smile. Karma is gonna love this. Karma really is a bitch, but I loved it when she got to the killers.

As I walked over to the woman who laid dead on the floor I slowly formed my scythe, touching the long blade gently to her chest.
I watched her soul flow into it and thought of where she would go, hell or heaven. I turned and bagan to walk to the nearest cemetery, I needed to check in with death to see where I was needed.
As I walked I watched to see if anyone froze in fear, or let their mouths drop in confusion. Mortals will began to see Reapers just before they die, as their minds eyes begin to open in preparation for the afterlife.

When I reached the cemetery I passed under a gate, I found it funny that mortals have to pass through two gates after they die, one in the mortal world and one in the afterlife. I started to walk towards the largest grave marker, but just as I was about to walk through it I herd a gasp.

A young girl, maybe 20 stared at me. I stared back waiting for her to run or scream, but she just looked at me with confused eyes. "what are you?" She whispered in a small shaky voice. I looked at her a minute longer, almost freaking guilty that I could only tell her how long she had to live. She stood, waiting for an answer, so I gave her the only one I had

"28 days."

Confusion filled her eyes and then realization. She started to walk towards me but I quickly turned back to the tombstone, the last thing I her was "Wait!" before I stepped through.