sunday

TW: Mentions of death/suicide/murder/manslaughter, suicide attempts, s/h and s/h scars, mentions of substance abuse and substance overdose, profanities, and general angst.

"I have something to tell you."

God... It feels like forever since I told them.

"I killed her."

The looks on their faces... It's painful to watch.

"I killed Mari."

My eyes snapped open to the sounds of horrendously loud cheers. I was holding my violin, and I was standing in the middle of the stage.

It's... over already.

I never asked for this. But, this is how life turned out. I'm now Sunny White, member of the band Star Navy. I haven't been back in Faraway until now. My agent made the decision to ship me and the others all the way back to my home town to play a few concerts. I haven't talked to any of my old friends in ten years. I... I hardly remember their faces. After I told them about Mari, they left me.

The hatred in Hero and Aubrey's eyes, and the betrayal in Kel's.

I never even got to say goodbye.

I put on a hooded jumper and a backpack. I was going out, because I thought it'd be good to find out how fast I could see the bottom of a glass again. Somewhere away from the five lunatics that I was forced into work with. When I pulled back the door, the camera flashes overwhelmed my vision. The one eye that worked would be blinded too if I couldn't get out of there.

Screams of 'Sunny, Sunny, look at me!', 'Oh my god, it's Sunny!' roared through the crowds as I tried to shield my face from all the light. I could make out visions of waved photos, large signs, and obsessive fans flashing things I never wanted to see from behind my jumper sleeve. Thank god for the protection from the bodyguards, I was able to dash into an alleyway and out of public sight. Great. I had been spotted.

I crouched to the ground, pulling out a second jumper from my bag. One that's a different colour. I was taught by the older members of the band why a second, wildly different jacket would be necessary. It's so nobody would notice me to be Sunny White. After I stashed the jumper into my bag, I began to make my way out of the alleyway and into the street. But, as soon as I did, I could feel a force.

I had ran into something. Or rather, someone. And that someone would change my entire week.

I could feel and smell as warm coffee stained my chest. In fear of being burned, I immediately ripped the jacket off of my body and threw it onto the ground.

"Oh my god, I'm so sorry, are you alright?" I asked, helping whoever I had knocked over to their feet.

"Ugh... Ahaha, r-really, it's not a problem."

"Do you need another jumper?"

"No, I w-was heading home anywa-"

The person stopped in their tracks to stare up at me. It was a fairly short man, with blonde hair and blue eyes. He had two hairclips to keep his fringe out of his face. He was wearing a now coffee-stained and pastel-coloured cardigan, cuffed jeans, and hi-top sneakers. And, there was something oh so familiar about him... and it looked like he agreed.

"...Sunny?" Probably a journalist. But, there was something behind his eyes that I knew.

"I'm sorry, but have we met before?" I asked him, bundling up my jacket and picking up the now empty cup of coffee off of the floor.

"Ah... I had a feeling you wouldn't remember me, Sunny," he sighed, looking down at his soaked clothes. "Can you still see... something behind you?"

Suddenly, my mind put all of the pieces together at once, and there was a sinking feeling in my stomach.