Chapter 39: The Truth

ابدأ من البداية

My moms hair was pulled up in a tight bun and light make up on her eyes. She was pretty, my mom, her dark hair and freckled cheeks.

"Well I'm sorry I have bad taste in men then." She grumbled.

"I never said you had bad taste," I tell her. "Jesus calm down."

"Seriously? Do you want to be grounded?" My mom challenged which only heightened my annoyance.

"I'd rather not," I said. "But it seems like you will."

Her cheeks redden. "What has been up with you!?!"

"N-Nothing. It is nothing." I am way too aggravated.

"Is it boy problems or something?" She asked tightly.

"W-What!?! No." I said, looking away.

"You aren't lying to me, are you?" She suspiciously asks.

My face flushes. "Uh,"

"Who is it? The two of you haven't done anything inappropriate or anything?" She asks loudly.

"Oh my God!" I groan. "No, I'm not talking about that."

"Oh, you better tell me now!" She said.

My eyes darted away. I couldn't just tell her, I mean I could, but it would turn out bad- real bad. But if I explained it to her then maybe she'd be more sincere and understanding.

"Ivory, who's the boy?" Her patience was running thin.

I decided to tell her the truth, I was exhausted from hiding it from her. "Remember my friend I went out to town with?"

My mom crinkles hee forehead. "Uh . . .Yes! I do, what was his name again? I remember you told me..."

"It's Collins!" I blurt.

She blinks. "What?"

"Collins." I say again. "He, uh, that's Ryan's son-"

"You're dating his son?!?" My mom gasps, cheeks red.

My entire face flushes. There was no going back now. "Y-yes. But we didn't know his dad and you were seeing each other until we all went out to eat."

"That explains why you were acting like that at the dinner!" She stood up quickly. "Ivory, don't tell me you two are still dating?!?"

I sigh heavily. I had to tell my mom the truth"We stopped for a while and then we talked about it and, uh, we kind of got back together. "

"Ivory, that- that isn't right. The two of you need to break up." She pulled out her phone. "I need to call Ryan and tell him about this situation-"

I smack the phone out of her hand before I can think twice about it.

"Ivory!" She picks up the phone and it's cracked on the screen. "Go to your room now!"

I glared at her, eyes filling with tears. "T-That's like me telling you to break it off with Ryan! That's so wrong and you know it!"

I walk off, buy nonchalantly grab my moms keys off the counter. Once in my room, I quickly pack my things.

I put my bag over my shoulder, scribbling a short note to my mom and brother before exiting my window.

I'm sobbing loudly. All my emotions are scattered everywhere, making me a sobbing mess. I get in my moms car and drive off quickly.

I grab my phone, barely able to see anything from my teary eyes.

"My love," Collins answers.

"Collins." I sob.

"Ivy, what is it?!?" His voice is full of concern. "What's wrong baby?"

"I-I'm on my way to your house." Snow was falling from the sky and making the ground a beautiful winter wonderland.

"Are you driving?" He asked. "What's going on?"

"Yes, I'm driving." I told him, sniffing.

"What's got you so upset, Ivy?" His voice was soft, but full of worry.

"M-My mom knows about us," I told him through my tears clearly. "She s-said she's going to call your dad and tell-tell him."

"Oh God..." He trailed off. "It's okay, Ivy, alright?"

"I packed my things and I'm on my way." I said. "I'm close to your house. Bye Collins."

"Bye Ivory," he said. "I love you."

"I love you." I looked down to press the end button and suddenly a big impact on my car- of what I don't know because I blacked out.

Everything went dark except the snow falling from the sky- which was the last thing I saw.

_____

Hi

Too Close is coming to an end.

Hope you guys have enjoyed this story so far.

Feel free to vote or comment. :)

Xoxo
Talia