Suddenly, the feeling of the soulmate bond flies into her and she gasps, pulling herself up before staring at her soulmate. The bond is alive, and it's already telling her what she needs to know. He's alive. His pulse is there, barely. His heart still pumps out blood slowly, beating and trying to hold onto his life. He can't leave Hwara. He doesn't want to.

"Someone help! Anyone!" she finally yells out loud, tears still running as she finally cracks a smile. He'll be okay. He has to be.

From a few feet away, Hwayeon watches the two with a small smile adorning her face. She's happy. They'll be okay. She believes. She knows the Fates could never kill those two. They're the perfect bond, the epitome of the value of the soulmate bond. That's all Hwayeon needs to know about them to rest assured.

The smile that adorns her face is motherly, a proud look of content for the two in front of her.

This is it. This is the end.

With that, the girl truly takes her last breath, paying the price for what her soulmate had started years ago with happiness.

***

A team of four medics currently work on saving Jisung's life in the same room where his father had died, as Hwara turns to her sister. Hwara's yells seemed to have signified exactly where they were to the allied gangs, immediately rushing to help the two of them.

Hwara walks over to her sister, wanting to help her up. She may not remember her, but the Hwayeon she knows from today is a warm and kind presence.

"Hwayeon, do you have any injuries?"

The girl is only met with silence, Hwayeon's eyes still wide open as she stares out toward where Hwara and Jisung once were.

Hwara frowns, tapping her sister on the shoulder. "Hwaye—"

Hwara freezes, watching as the body of her sister falls to its side from losing balance, her eyes still not moving. She notices the paleness of her face and the silence of the air around her. She can't hear her breath.

"H-Hwayeon?"

Her sister still doesn't respond, fallen over as Hwara realizes what happened.

"No, you promised," she says, tears welling up in her eyes at the thought of losing another family member. "Y-You promised you wouldn't leave me alone."

She's dead.

The second realization dawns on her, white-hot pain sears through her head and she squeezes her eyes shut, watching every single flashback hit her like a train. Every moment she couldn't remember, every pain she couldn't talk about, it all comes back to her with every pain-filled second. Hwara falls backward, trying to stop the memories from forcing their way into her head, but she can't. She can only watch as she lives through the good, bad, and nostalgic memories.

"Hwayeon, thank you so much for the cupcakes!"

"Sungwoo, Sungchan's bullying me!"

"I'm scared."

"Don't worry, Hwa. We've got you."

"I-Is it okay if I call you Mom and Dad?"

"You're one of us, a Jung. We'll love you forever."

"Even if we're related by blood, I'm happy that they're your family, Taehwa. You deserve it."

"Daisy!"

Hwara gasps in surprise at the last, one remembering exactly how she met Jisung. He'd given her a granola bar after she hadn't eaten for almost two entire days, completely starved and extremely tired. He's the reason she likes daisies so much—because her first friend gave her the name.

Hwara looks at her sister again, her heart breaking as she knows exactly what her sister went through. She didn't deserve that. She deserved a normal life with a kind soulmate. My sister didn't deserve to die for her soulmate's actions. She just got her emotions back.

The smile on Hwayeon's face reassures Hwara even by just a little bit, telling her that everything will be alright.

"Hwara, are you okay?" she hears a voice call out.

Turning around, she watches as Sungchan freezes, looking at his dead sister. He falls to the floor next to Hwara.

"If you mean by okay that I'm mourning the death of my entire family at once, then I'm doing great, Channie."

Sungchan turns to the girl in shock, things clicking into place in his mind. "You reme—"

Hwara just smiles, shaking away the tears in her eyes. She then turns to her brother, letting out a heartwrenching sob as she wraps her arms around her only surviving adoptive sibling. "I'm sorry."

Sungchan just ruffles her hair. "There's nothing to be sorry for. I'm sure she wanted you to be happy. Look, she's smiling right now. Although, it does look a little creepy."

Hwara snorts at that last comment, agreeing with her brother. The smile looks creepy now, especially knowing she's a corpse.

A couple of minutes later, Hwara files out of the now-cleaned room as Jisung was rushed to the hospital and his father's body was cleaned up with Hwayeon's. They're going to bury them properly—it's the least they deserve. 

Hwara painfully smiles, spotting her blood-related brother before quickly running up to him and giving him a hug. She was extremely worried about Taeyong but many people told her that he was perfectly fine. That's when she realized Lee Taejin was lying to bait her into fighting. Too bad that resulted in him dying.

As relieved as she is about Taeyong being okay, she's still worried about Jisung. He'll be okay.

"Who's blood is that?" Taeyong asks, scared that she's seriously injured.

Hwara shakes her head. "Not mine, Jisung's. His wound managed to close from the healing, and I got healed too. He still lost a lot of blood, though."

Taeyong looks at his younger sibling, noticing her slightly anxious stance. He can practically see her worry, from her shaking hand to her looking at the doors that Jisung had just been escorted out of, despite how hard she tries to hide it. He lets out a small sigh, patting her head before speaking.

"Let's get you home so you can take a shower. Then I'll take you to the hospital."

Hwara looks at Taeyong before nodding her head. The sight of blood only reminds her of two things—Jisung almost dying from loss of blood and Park Jihwan killing himself right in front of her.

At the thought of Park Jihwan, the memory of his death flashes into her eyes, an image burned into her mind that she could never forget.

She knows it's all her fault. She knows now, but it's too late.

She can't bring the Jungs and the Parks back to life. They're dead. And the burden of their death will forever be on her lurking over her shoulders, ready to bring her down no matter what.

Maybe...Maybe I should've died instead of them.

A/N: hehehehe double update wheeeeeeeee

honestly i have nothing to say so love yall <3 and make sure you read the previous chapter

cya in the next one :)