❀50❀

"난 화를 내리오 더 화를 내리오"

"Wh-what? What do you mean?"

Jisung looks at Hwara, slightly in shock as he realizes the coincidences himself. "You remember when you asked me why I don't call you Hwara, and I told you it was because of someone I knew?"

Hwara furrows her eyebrows, trying to remember before her face lights up in recognition and she nods her head.

"That girl—I met her in the Lee mansion for the first time. She...wasn't in the best place. She told me she couldn't remember the rest of her name—just Hwa. I met her eight other times after that, but those times I met her normally. She was Taeyong's little sister—that's all I really knew."

"Oh, that girl was me?"

Jisung nods his head. "I guess so. I broke you out of the mansion once, and I brought you to my dad. He said he'd make sure you were alright. I'd never seen or heard of you since I was fifteen. He told me Lee Taejin killed you."

Hwara looks up at Jisung. When they were both fifteen, that would logically place the time of the fire at that time. However, how would Jisung's father have known it was Lee Taejin's fault and not necessarily Yoon Minseok alone? Plus, he would've known that Hwara didn't actually die in the fire—Hwara was pronounced missing not dead. It wouldn't make sense. 

Shaking her head, she tries not to overthink it. She still has one more question left.

"Jisung?"

"What?"

"Why did you kiss me back there?"

Jisung's eyes widen at the question,  immediately racking his brain for the right words to answer with. How is someone even supposed to answer that?

"I-I uh I was just annoyed? Yeah, I wanted everyone to stop talking."

Hwara looks at Jisung for a couple of seconds with a completely straight face. Jisung's ears turn red as he looks away for a second before looking back again. Finally, Hwara bursts out into laughter, the sound shocking Jisung as he stares at the girl, a smile slowly creeping upon his face before he starts laughing as well.

"You're cute," Hwara suddenly says, coming down from her rush of laughter.

Jisung looks at her. "Me? I'm cute? You're the one who's literally a baby."

Hwara shakes her head, pouting.

"I'm not a baby."

"You're acting like one right now."

"Shut up."

"Make me."

"This is familiar."

"How do you change topics so quickly?"