• twenty seven •

Start from the beginning

"The Elementals are here now, attacking the same coordinates. Our satellites confirm it." Maria backed up Beck's statement, and Fury gestured to him.

"So thank Mr Beck for destroying the other three, because now there's only one left, and that's fire."

"The strongest of them all, it's the one that destroyed my Earth and took my family." Beck said, and I smiled sadly at him.

"I'm sorry."

"It will be in Prague in approximately fourty eight hours." Hill said, and I crossed my arms over my chest.

"We have one mission, and that is to kill it." Fury said, turning to Peter.

"You're coming with us."

"I'm sorry, did you say Prague?" Peter asked, laughing nervously.

"Mr Fury, this all seems like bigtime, you know, huge superhero kind of stuff. I'm just a friendly neighbourhood Spider-Man, sir."

"Bitch please, you've been to space." Fury scoffed, making me laugh.

"That's true, you have."

"I know but that was an accident, there's gotta be someone else you can use." Peter asked, clicking his fingers.

"What about Thor?"

"Off world." Fury responded, and Peter sighed.

"Okay, Doctor Strange."

"Unavailable." Maria said, and Peter looked desperate.

"Captain Marvel."

"Don't invoke her name." Fury said, and I looked at Peter.

"What about Steve, Sam and Bucky?" I asked, but Maria shook her head.

"Dealing with a seperate mission."

"Look I really wanna help, but if my aunt finds out that I left my class trip, she's gonna kill me. If I'm seen like this in Europe, especially after the Washington Monument incident then my whole class will figure out who I am." Peter rambled, running a hand through his hair.

"Then the whole world will figure out who I am, then I'm done."

"Okay. I understand." Fury said, making Peter look at him in surprise.

"I'm sorry, what?"

"Why don't you get back before your teachers become suspicious. Dimitri, take him back to hotel please." Fury said, and Peter nodded.

"Thank you, good luck."

"See ya, kid." Beck responded, and Peter turned to Maria.

"Bye, ma'am."

She gave him a nod of recognition, before he looked at me.

"Coming?" He asked, and I nodded.

I was disappointed he didn't want to do it, but ultimately I understood his reasoning.

"Yeah, I should probably stay out of it too." I said, and Peter kissed me softly.

"Let's head back then."

•••

"Hey, are you sure you're alright?" I asked Ned, who nodded happily.

"For sure dude, I'm fine."

"Okay, good." Peter smiled, and Ned looked surprisingly excited for someone who basically got ambushed.

"Seriously, getting tranq'd in the neck by Nick Fury is probably the coolest thing to ever happen to me anyway."