Chapter 7 [Fishing For Shells]

Start from the beginning

While Diamond slightly lagged behind because she was carrying the bowl with the pink snail in it Y/N was running straight towards the pond, it was late at night and everyone had to be beyond tired because of today, so he would take the job of rescuing Phos upon himself and upon himself alone. 

Bort dropped out of nowhere in front of them and Y/N slowed down for a second while Diamond stopped completely, "Where-"

But Y/N just ignored her for the moment and ran past her, "Hey!"

Bort's call fell on deaf ears as Y/N simply ignored her, leaving poor Diamond to explain things to the now even more frustrated battle maniac, "You. Explain, now!"

"Um..." Diamond merely sweatdropped, trying to find proper words to say in this situation while the pink snail visible deflated.

Meanwhile, Y/N already dived into the large pond, uncaring if the white powder he freshly applied today would dissolve, he had a friend to rescue dammit! Finding the shell was actually quite problematic in the dark but thanks to the help of glowing jellyfish he managed to find it in a reasonable timeframe. Red Matter drifted off his body and started to wrap itself around the shell. With the large and heavy object now secure Y/N started to swim upwards, breaching the surface in record time he attached additional tentacles to the two nearest support pillars and began to pull as hard as he could. If he was gripping something like a rope his fingers would most certainly be broken off by now, but because the tentacles wrapped around the shell were coming from his arms as a whole he didn't have to worry about that. Instead, if his body would reach the limit not his fingers would break off but his whole arms. The two support tentacles were attached to his back to alleviate some stress from his arms.

"Come on, why is it so goddamn heavy?!" Y/N's feet dug into the hard ground as he used every ounce of his strength to bring the oversized shell out of the water. 

He could hear cracks coming from his arms as the shell finally breached the surface before roughly hitting the quartz floor of the school. With a breath of relief, all of the extorted crimson liquid pooled back into Y/N's body and filled the cracks that appeared across his arms. While Red Matter couldn't heal him instantly it could provide enough support for Y/N to make it to Rutile in one piece. 

"You already got it out?!" Diamond came running in and nearly ran straight into Y/N.

Pretty much everyone else, minus Kongo-sensei and Rutile followed after her with ropes in their hands, "Yeah, you take too long. Go back to sleep."

"Nu-uh! We have to excavate all of Phos' shards!" everyone else nodded to Diamond's determined exclamation, "And you, to Rutile, now!"

For a second Y/N was shocked to see Diamond, of all people, be so commanding. But, he took the command with stride and simply nodded in acknowledgement before making his way to their resident quack doctor. He arrived as Rutile was already setting her tools on one of the wooden tables.

"Hm, Y/N? Did everyone already collect Phos' shards?" Rutile barely looked from her "workbench" before continuing to organize her tools.

"Not really..." Y/N took a seat not too far from Rutile who just appeared to be done organizing her workplace, he then took off his black vest and left his upper body clothed in only a white t-shirt, "My arms nearly broke off, think you can patch me up?"

Rutile just stared at Y/N's cracked arms, Red Matter already filled the cracks and basically made sure that they wouldn't fall apart, but it was not a good short-term solution because of how long it takes for it to solidify.

With a sigh, Rutile picked up some of her tools along with some glue and sat by Y/N's side, "It's not every day that you out of everyone suffer an injury."