Chapter Twenty-Five - Dealing with the Dark

Start from the beginning

Harry bit his lip, just then the doorbell rang.

"That must be Luna and Xenophilius." Remus said.

The two of them left the kitchen and made their way towards the front door to answer it. When Remus opened it he smiled at the two Lovegoods that stood before them.

"Good morning Xeno, Luna." The werewolf greeted.

"Good morning Remus." Xenophillius returned.

"You ready to go Harry?" Remus asked his son.

"Yup." Harry replied with a nod of his head.

"Okay, I'll let Sirius know that Xeno already came to pick you up when he comes down."

"If he ever decideds to get up." Harry joked.

Remus smiled and waved as Harry walked down the street with the Lovegoods. When they got to the alley way Harry turned to Luna.

"Thanks again for covering for me."

Luna smiled, "Of course! I'll do whatever I can to help you and your ally."

Harry told himself not to be surprised, but he couldn't help it, he started laughing.

"What's so funny?" The Ravenclaw asked.

harry shook his head, "Nothing, you just never cease to amaze me Luna."

"Are we ever going to hear of this mysterious ally?" Xenophillius asked.

"It's very possible." Luna replied, getting a raised eyebrow from Harry, she beamed at him, "You don't want to be late!"

The two of them apperated away and Harry walked further into the alley, pulling out his third blue potion from his pouch, drinking it. Once he was fully grown again he called for Kreacher.

"What does young Master need Kreacher for?" The elf asked as soon as it appeared.

"Could you take me to the same place as last time?" Harry asked.

Kreacher nodded and grabbed Harry's leg, teleporting them right outside the ward of Riddle manor.

"Thanks Kreacher." Harry told the elf before it popped away.

"Why do you thank it?" A voice asked from behind him.

Harry looked over his shoulder at where the dark lord stood, he smiled slightly, "I thank Kreacher because he's my friend."

Tom looked at him skeptically, "That creature is your friend?"

"Yes, he is. Just because Kreacher is a house elf doesn't mean he can't also be my friend."

Tom still didn't seem to be quite sold on the subject, but he let it go, changing the subject completely, "How did this morning go? Sirius and Remus do not expect anything?"

Harry shook his head, fully turning around, "Nope. Luna and Xeno are really good at covering for you and not asking questions. Though, speaking of this morning, since when is Quirell retiring?"