You and I Against this World

"Why can't you just leave me alone?!" I screamed into the phone.

"Because you're still mine."

"I'm not anybody's, I'm not a item, I'm not a toy... I don't belong to anyone." I growled.

"Well I disagree. But either way, you come back to the house or I can and will make sure that Chris never wants anything to do with you again."

"What the he'll is that suppose to mean? That would never happen."

"Oh but honey, I can make it happen. I can make this entire world hate you if I wanted to and make sure that Chris is included."

"Why are you doing this? What do you want Andrew?" I heard a growl from behind me and turned around to see Josh.

"I want you to meet me back at the house. Its that simple."

"I'm sorry, I can't-" Josh grabbed the phone out of my hands.

"Call her again and see what happens fuck boy. I told you to stay away, now do yourself a favor and never talk to her again." He hung up and tossed my phone on the bed. "What'd he want?" Josh asked me, his eyes dark and breathing a little heavy from being pissed off.

"I'm not sure.. I mean he wants me to meet him back at my place, but I don't know why.. He just had said if I don't he'll make sure Chris never talks to me again or something." Josh laughed.

"First off, that would never happen. No matter what he tries to do. And second, you are not going anywhere that he's gonna be. Its not happening." He shook his head. "So don't tell me you were thinking of going."

"No, I wasn't." I assured him. "I'm just scared of what he's gonna do."

"The little bitch boy isn't gonna do anything. You don't have to worry." He laughed, taking my hand in his. "I'll kill him before I let anything happen." He reassured me.

"Can we go talk to Chris? I need to see him."

"Baby, nothings gonna happen. But if it makes you feel better than lets go." I grabbed my sweater off my bed and slipped it on before grabbing my phone and we headed out the door.

We didn't live that far from Chris so it didn't take long to get there. When we did his car was in the driveway so I went straight in.

"Hey Chris?!" I called out as I walked in the door.

"Living room!" He called out. I went straight in to see him playing one of his new games. "What's up Havy?"

"Um, I need to talk to you... Its about Andrew."

"What happened now?" He sighed, pausing his game to turn his attention to me. "Hey! That's where my sweater went?!?"

"Yeah um.. Sorry? Anyways! Andrew called me and he's trying to get you against me if I don't meet him somewhere."

"Some fuck boy that beat my little sis is trying to get me against her?.. The fuck kinda sense does that make?"

"You tell me!"

"Sounds like a whole lotta blackmail.. That isn't gonna work in his favor. Haven, you have nothing to worry about. You and I are tighter than tight, nothing could ever get between us and you have nothing to worry about."

"See I told you." Josh said quietly. I sat down on the couch and leaned into Chris with my head buried into his side. His arms immediately went around me and held me tightly.

"Its you and I against this world Haven... Nothing could ever take me away from you." He whispered into my ear.

"I'm just scared.. I'm scared of him and I'm scared of losing you."  I couldn't hold in the few tears that escaped.

"If I have to beat his ass, I will for you Hav.. But don't be scared of him. Hes not gonna touch you, I can promise you that."

"That bitch boy isn't gonna get past Chris and I.. There's no way he can hurt you." Josh backed up Chris's statement. I nodded my head and wiped those tears away.

"I promise it'll be okay." Chris spoke.

"As a matter of fact, Haven, give me his number." Josh all but demanded. I hesitated but gave it to him. Josh sat across from Chris with the phone on speaker.

"Hello?" He answered after a few rings. Chris snatched Josh's phone out of his hand.

"So you think you can just try to blackmail my sister like that? It doesn't work that way, sorry you're gonna have to try again. Listen buddy, if you ever speak to her, look at her, touch her.. Anything I will personally kill you. And that's a promise, and I can guarantee you that I'm not the only one.. I know Josh has already warned you. Don't fuck with Haven ever again or we will make you regret it." He didn't wait for Andrew to say anything, he just hung up the phone and handed it back to Josh.

"No one messes with my baby sister."

"But what happens if-"

"Nothing is going to happen Haven. Don't stress yourself out worrying about it."

"Lets just get on with our day and forget this even happened. It's nothing to worry about." Josh told me.

"Can we just hang out here..?" I asked.

"Havy if you guys had plans don't cancel them for that douche. Of course I don't mind if you guys stay here.. But I don't want it to be because you're scared.".

We ended up staying for a few hours and played games with Chris for the majority of that time. We hadn't really made plans for the day in the first place so it wasn't like I was canceling anything.

"What are you doing tomorrow?" I asked Chris as we were getting ready to leave.

"Probably working. I feel like I've been slacking lately."

"Well that's what you get for being a workaholic.. You don't know how to just chill for very long." I rolled my eyes at him.

"Mhm.. Well if we wanna keep living this life we've gotta keep putting work in."

"Well maybe you can come over tomorrow when you're done."

"Why? What are you guys gonna be up to?"

"I'm gonna go to the shop tomorrow.. Work some as well and she doesn't really wanna go.."

"Well just text me then and I'll come pick you up or something." I nodded my head and hugged him. "Ill see you tomorrow, okay?"

"Alright... I love you."

"Love you too Havy. You guys be careful."

"We will." Josh and I spoke at the same time as we walked out the door.

"Well what now baby doll?" Josh asked as we got in the car.