May 1, 1996 - Part 1

Start from the beginning

Ron spotted Harvey as he walked into the room. "Harvey, you have got to help me with the dog."

Harvey frowned. "Ron, we agreed to leave it alone."

"No," snapped Ron, "You both gave up."

"We didn't give up; we saw sense," said Hermione.

"Harry explained everything," said Harvey.

Ron scrunched up his nose. "I don't care what Harry said. Your brother's a tosser, and he doesn't know everything."

Harvey glared at his friend. "Stop calling Harry names."

"Why? Harry is a tosser, always has been."

"Ron, I mean it. Shut it." Harvey walked away from his friends and headed to the door. He didn't want to listen to Ron anymore.

"Harvey, seriously? Harry has done nothing but ignore you forever, and now suddenly, because he is a cry baby, you are all about protecting him," mocked Ron.

Harvey spun around. He didn't think he'd ever wanted to hit someone so much before. He glared at Ron and pointed at him. "Say something mean about my brother again, and I will hex you."

Ron went to bite back, but a throat-clearing stopped him.

Both turned to see Percy, one of Ron's older brothers and their prefect, glaring at them. "Ronald," he said, "what have I said about bullying other students? Do I need to write to mother again?"

Ron's face went as red as his hair, but he shook his head.

"And you, Harvey, I expect better."

Harvey sighed. "Sorry," he mumbled.

"Don't let it happen again, five points from Gryffindor each because of your behaviour." Percy gave them one last glare before walking out of the Common Room.

Harvey adjusted the strap of his bag before looking back at Ron. He just shook his head and said, "Considering that you are supposed to be my friend, you have a funny way of showing it."

Harvey left the Gryffindor Common Room to head downstairs to the Great Hall. Breakfast would be waiting, not that he felt like eating after Ron. But he walked through the halls, avoiding other students until he finally reached the hall. It took him less than a second to spot his brother. Harry was sitting at the Ravenclaw table, a piece of bacon hanging from his mouth while he wrote in a book. With him were a few of his friends, Jenna, who Harvey thought was very nice, and Dylan, who was a bit odd but seemed fine.

Thinking for a moment, Harvey considered going over to join his brother. He knew that it wasn't compulsory for students to sit at their house table during meals. Only during school feasts was it required. And he had often seen Harvey and his friends sitting at any table they wanted. The idea of sitting alone wasn't fun, especially when all he wanted was to forget how much of an ass Ron had been.

Harvey decided to go over before he changed his mind. It was Jenna who spotted him first and smiled.

"Good morning, Harvey."

Harvey returned her smile. "Hi."

Harry glanced up. "Hey, you alright?"

Harvey nodded. "Yeah, I just thought that I could sit with you and have breakfast." He gripped his bag strap; what if Harry didn't want him to join?

Harry nodded. "Of course, you can." He picked up his school bag that was sitting beside him and dropped it onto the floor at his feet. "Where is the rest of your gang?

Harvey quickly sat down. "Hermione and Ron are still upstairs."

"They weren't hungry?" asked Jenna.