4⋅Your feelings, our feelings

Start from the beginning

"Fucking Witch, okay, dude," I copy his voice tone, raising an eyebrow at him. "No need to get so defensive."

There isn't much response from Party, he just shoots me a displeased look before walking away once again for whatever. I can't tell if my relationship with everyone here has gotten better or worse.

We eventually grew used to each other, though I still feel like an odd one among them, with all the apologetic looks, jokes I'm the only one to not get, how I'm inevitably pushed away from some talks because I don't know what they're talking about. It gives me certain agony, but I doubt any of my negative feelings isn't irrationally intensified by all the frustration and pain that I already feel. Adding up to the fact it's a new place, new setting. Sometimes, I hate everything.

My thoughts are interrupted by something being pushed into the table and I look at the seat before me to see a grinning Ghoul.

"Gift," he says as referring to the odd object from Destroya knows where he found this. It's... kind of a pendant or key charm shaped like a candy – if it's not a real candy, though I really think it isn't.

"Oh..." I furrow my eyebrows and take the object in hand to take a closer look, inspecting it for a good moment. "Thank you! I like it a lot!" I smile, carefully pocketing the object; Ghoul grins and claps his hands happily before walking away again. Even if this is not much, depending on your perspective, I got to know how to give more value to these small things coming from him, learning it is Ghoul love language.

I wouldn't say talking with Ghoul is difficult, you just need to know how to do it. You get to notice, after some time, how he struggles a bit with keeping focus or sitting still, forgets things easily and probably gets half of the things you tell him. Yet, on the other hand, he is really smart, extremely empathetic and emotive, which makes him really understanding. He is really sweet. He does read emotions very well and knows when I'm upset, but he tends to be innocent and trusts too much the people he likes, in a way he always buys my excuses.

Soon enough, we decide to eat something. There is still some food apart from Power Pup, brought by Kobra and Ghoul when they went over to the city – eating it lowkey reminds me of my friends since we would have this kind of food a lot, with all the visits to the city.

Party observes me the whole time and continues with it even after I finish eating. Only when I start walking out of the diner, he does something.

"I told you, you're coming with me." Party pulls onto my good arm, ignoring my groans while he drags me over to his room.

"Damn, Poison, stop," I whine, feeling uncomfortable with this.

My words make something change; something snap in Party because I can notice the change in him happening physically before he turns to me with these angry eyes. He purses his lips as letting go of me.

"What's wrong with you?" Party's voice isn't exactly louder, but there's obvious dissatisfaction, the annoyance clear on him from the manner he glares at me to how his fists are clenched by his sides, jaw also going slack whenever possible. "We want to fucking help you! I want to do it! Why can't you accept it? We're doing our best and, still, you act like this! It's frustrating!"

"Nothing's wrong with me!" And I'm instantly just as angry in the same moment. How can't he see it? "It's all so weird! How would you act if some strangers picked you up and decided to help you? Just help you?"

"Well, I would be thankful!" He says it like if it was obvious, throwing his hands in the air and looking at me in confusion. "What else?"

"But-" I cut him off, trying to think about how to explain this to him; it's so obvious that it's difficult to express. Why doesn't he get it? Of course, they're the Fabulous Four. Do they ever need help? "What do you want with helping me? There's no point in doing all of this because I have nothing anymore! I'm... Fuck, you don't know me!" For a moment, I almost spilled how I'm being wanted by the Dracs, but it's not safe for them to know it yet.

"Isn't it obvious?" Party sounds just as indignant and confused as me, if not more, and it's just so weird because... Why? I look at him in confusion and he rolls his eyes. "That's how we think the desert should work, (k/n), we need to help each other! If we are against ourselves, who will be there for us? Everyone barely has anything, there's no need in wanting something from someone who's injured and lost their base!"

"But it doesn't make sense!" I insist through gritted teeth, unable to process everything he's saying at once because it's too much, too fast.

"Because I like you, okay? Does this work?" He interrupts me this time, sounding more stressed. "I barely know you, you keep your secrets, but I fucking liked you so far!" And he doesn't even wait for a reply before marching his way over to his room and slamming the door shut behind him.

Holy fuck.

Party can't be telling the truth... right? I mean, I'm not even interesting to a point I would catch someone's attention like this. They stopped the car to help me out of pity.

There's no way I'll be facing Party now, so I decide to go for a walk around the diner, trying to process everything. When I walk past the guys, I earn myself a few questioning looks which I ignore and continue walking, Party's still words echoing in my mind.

Well, okay, scratch the fact Party is helping me because he likes me and let's focus on the last bit.

That is certainly not the answer I sought. I wanted something more like oh, we know you got some nice routes to inside the city, but this...? Nonetheless, Party liking me is a great opportunity and I do not mean it in a self-profit sense. I mean, look at him, he's so hot and beautiful and, damn... It is certainly a chance I shouldn't miss and, in case things go wrong, what's the problem? Kissing and cuddling someone is not assuming anything with them until stated so and I'm continuing to live by that. There's nothing to lose.

Anxiety bubbles in my stomach the moment I approach the room with the number 13 written on the door in faded gold letters just like on the door to Kobra's room, though these are in the worst state.

It's no surprise that Party's room is probably the wider one out of the four and with an also wider bed. There are a lot of papers with messy drawings on them glued to the walls along with posters from Mad Gear and Missile Kid's concerts, polaroid photos and other things I can't identify. His room, opposite to Kobra's, is messier, but still carries a comfortable vibe.

He is sitting on the edge of the bed when I walk in and looks at me wordlessly questioning my presence there; I don't let my sudden wave of confidence be affected by it and, before he can speak, I have a hand on the back of his neck and pull him for a kiss.

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────