Sparking the Resistance (and maybe a little bit more)

Start from the beginning

I explained my viewpoint with Hermione, who was very quick to put my worries at rest.

"Harry is really good at rallying people, especially during moments like these where there is something unseen looming in the distance." She waved her hand for effect.

"He also knows a thing or two about spells that could prove useful to us in the future," she continued, not relenting in defending her friend, "And he successfully fought off Vol- You-Know-Who during the Triwizard Tournament last year."

"Spells?"

"He can successfully use the Patronus Charm."

I had thankfully already finished swallowing my milk, or else this moment would have ended in me either choking or spraying the drink out of my nose.

If the girl beside me noticed the surprise that I was displaying, she didn't show it. She knew just as well as I did that not many people that we knew could do what she just described.

Frankly, I was sold.

"Okay, we'll give it a try. You convince him though, I'm no good with things of that nature." With this, Hermione chuckled and continued eating in silence.

Looks like we had a plan. Albeit one that would prove to be more complicated than we originally thought.

~3 AM the Next Morning~

I woke up again with Luna's head nestled against my chest. I never had any friends before arriving here to Hogwarts, but even I knew that this wasn't something they would do. No complaints from me, however, because seeing her like this and being around her in general was enough to exponentially brighten whatever mood I'm in (and bring a lot of heat to my face).

She unconsciously shifted to bury her face into the crook of my neck and released a little sigh of contentment, unintentionally wrapping an arm around me. We were so close now, so close that I could feel her warm breath and could smell her sweet scent wafting over me. It felt as if my heart was skipping a few beats.

With her arm wrapped around me, I was left holding my arms outwards so that I wouldn't make her uncomfortable. It wouldn't be alright for me to touch her without her permission, would it?

Luna shifted slightly and snuggled even closer against me. Her lips are only an inch or two away from mine. I wanted to untangle myself from her, but at the same time I didn't. Something was urging me closer to the sleeping beauty rather than pulling me away.

I gave up fighting and wrapped both of my arms around her. This brought my face even closer to hers, barely an inch apart. Her breath smelled minty and fresh despite her being asleep for several hours. I took a moment to actually look at her for the first time in a couple of days.

Her fair hair was draped across her side and onto her chest, covering a small portion of her face as it did so. I brushed it away and gave her a warm smile. It was a shame she wasn't awake to see it, but she made up for that with how adorable she looked. I wanted so badly to understand what I was feeling for her. Was it weird to feel this way about a friend? Was I supposed to feel butterflies in my stomach and feel excessively hot when I'm around her? It didn't feel natural, yet it felt so very right.

I began observing other parts of her, including the little things that would normally go unnoticed. Her lips were always curved into a small and dreamy smile, even when she was sleeping. Her eyelids would flutter ever so slightly every time she took a soft breath. Her lips are even closer than before- no, she's even closer than before. I didn't bother to mask my confusion. After all, she was asle-

I felt something. I felt her. Luna Lovegood's lips were pressed against mine. It wasn't the sort of kiss that one would find in a Muggle romance story; it was a little sloppy and a bit rough, but it was the perfect sort of heaven.