Epilogue

Finally, the last chapter to this baby. It took me two years to to finish this. Tragic, I know. Yet alas! I am done.

Disclaimer: I do not own Inuyasha. I will never own Inuyasha. 'Cuz I ain't cool enough... T^T

-----

Ikuto surrounded himself with an invisible shield that kept anyone and everyone from noticing him as he trekked up a hill, where he knew his future aunt and uncle would be sitting on top of, resting.

He didn't want to see them. Well, that wasn't exactly true. The boy was quite eager to see the female, but Sesshomaru was a different story. After all, a month before, the two of them were enemies who held one another in the lowest regard. Sesshomaru was the demon who poked at his pride and size. And he was also the demon who would try to keep him from being with his beloved Nagisa.

Ah, Nagisa... Just the thought of his little bundle of fur made his heart quicken and caused a smile to erupt from his lips. His eyes turned blue, like the color of the sea. It was a strange phenomena that recurred frequently. Instead of a stormy grey hue, his orbs would resemble the calm after a storm, and it made him seem more amiable and sweet-or so Nagisa would tell him whenever she saw it.

She was the reason why he was here, about to spy on the couple. The two hadn't visited Inuyasha's family in a while and so the lot of them were concerned. He knew, of course, where they were and how they were doing. During the day they continued to move around, traveling from one place to another. At night, Sesshomaru would shower his wife with love and affection, trying to get her with child.

He knew this because he often followed them around and because he could smell their love, if that made sense. Yes, an aroma permeated the atmosphere that told Ikuto the two were mad for each other. Sure it grossed him out at times, but even he could not help but enjoy some of their happiness. He planned to have that same aroma with Nagisa in the future.

Behind a bush, atop the hill, Ikuto sat on his knees. The couple was alone, with Rin resting her body against a tree that stretched itself out toward the heavens. Sesshomaru laid his head on her lap, and his hair fell in silver, cascading along her legs. The picture of the two of them was calm and relaxing and Ikuto took in as much as he could, for the image of the two would stay in his mind till he went back home and transferred it to Nagisa and her family.

Once he got all that he could, he left the two alone and returned home to Inuyasha's village.

Home. He let out a sigh of contentment. Ever since he'd entered that village he'd never returned to his mother. The demoness cared not for him, and he knew this to be truer than anything because she could've found him already and taken him to be with her. But she hadn't, thankfully, and he knew she never would. Ikuto had been a nuisance to her, after all. A product contrived from a demon she no longer cared for.

In Inuyasha's village he was not the unwanted child. In fact, he was anything but that. Inuyasha treated him kindly, and Kagome was nothing short of a sweetheart. They knew his story, after all. He told them everything-but that's another tale for another time...

Yes, his home was in Inuyasha's village because there lied his heart and the love he knew he would have to fight for in the near future...

____

"Is he gone now?" Rin whispered to Sesshomaru. She tried to be as quiet as possible, not wanting to blow her cover. She peeked through one eye, and looked down at him.

"Yes."

She breathed in a sigh of relief and whispered, "Finally."

The boy often spied on them, from time to time. He didn't know Sesshomaru could detect his presence. Sure he could neither, smell, see nor hear the boy, but he could feel something stir within their surroundings whenever the boy came near them. He thought it was because he was linked to Ikuto in some way due to the spell placed on him weeks ago. It peeved Sesshomaru greatly to know this.

Stroking her husband's arm, Rin closed her eyes and let the cool air of the night wrap around her. The cliff served to them a view of the sky, and stars, like diamonds, winked at them from afar.

Sesshomaru's body rested above her own like a blanket to keep her warm. His moko-moko tickled her cheeks as she used it as a literal covering. She rubbed her face against it and breathed in the scent of his that only belonged to Sesshomaru.

"I don't understand why you allow him to spy on us," he said, and it almost sounded to her like a grumble.

"He does it for them, my love," she replied.

"I do not care. They are far too intrusive for my liking. Next time, let me trample the boy."

She smiled gently. She'd grown rather fond of Ikuto. Not that much, but enough to keep her from running after him like Sesshomaru wanted. He was the reason why her husband was laying on her lap, after all.

"I doubt you would," she told him.

At that, he turned from his side to look up at her. "You doubt me?"

"Not you. Just that."

He lifted his chin. "I can do it."

She chuckled. "That isn't the issue." She continued to stroke his arm. "They want him to check on us to see if all is well."

"They do it too much," he practically grumbled.

"They will stop once we visit."

He narrowed his eyes at her and turned back to his side. "Some other time," he muttered.

Shaking her head, Rin grinned. Then with a bit of a humph, Sesshomaru grabbed her hand and placed it atop his head. He wanted her to caress him there, so she stroked him like a pet. He moved his head against her hand slightly, and closed his eyes.

Rin's eyes gleamed with joy, and a small swell of triumph welled within her. In the past, before the spell, Sesshomaru never rested his body against hers. Now, he almost always took this position and she believed it was because of that night he rested on her lap all those weeks ago.

And then suddenly an idea came to Rin's mind. She stopped caressing Sesshomaru and bit her lip. Slowly, she reached for his long, pointed ear and moved two fingers against it.

Sesshomaru's head snapped at her.

Immediately, she pretended to look up. With eyes as thin as slits, he turned back to his resting position and closed his eyes.

But Rin flicked his ear again.

When he turned back, he did so slowly so as to intimidate his wife. And with one brow raised he said, "Rin."

She arched one brow, too, feining innocence and said sweeltly, "Yes, my love?"

"What are you trying to do?"

She thought about it for a few seconds, then grinned.

"You know what I'm trying to do."

He narrowed his eyes at her. "It won't work."

"Really?" She touched his ear again, and softly tickled it. "How about now?"

He shook his head.

She sighed, sounding defeated. "I just wanted to give it a try."

With a strange look in his eye Rin could not decipher, he sat up and moved close enough for his lips to touch her own, only they didn't. He only teased her with the nearness of his body. "I have," he began with a tone as smooth as silk, "other spots that you may wish to touch."

She swallowed thickly. This is not what she had planned, but... Well, this was just as good. "Really?" she croaked. God, she sounded like a frog.

Sesshomaru's eyes glowed. "Yes."

Leaning down, she bit his lips playfully and hummed before she said, "Show me."

He did so with pleasure. And when all was said and done, Sesshomaru held Rin's sleeping form in his arms, close to his heart. He looked up at the night sky and then, he smiled.