04

Day one, training. Olivia walks to the breakfast table and sits down. "Good, allies." Arthur begins. "Have you thought about that? Will you two work together?" He asks pointing between both. Olivia and Aaron look at each other and nod. "Good, you can be strong, so allies... look for strong, useful people but stay away from the careers. They will backstab you before you know." Arthur says.

And with that their off to go. They enter as one of the first ones in the training centre and wait for the others. When everyone arrived Atana their coach starts talking and going over the rules. Everyone takes off and goes to their own territory. Olivia stays behind Clove, the girl from two, waiting for throwing knifes at dummies. Clove goes first and she is good, well amazing maybe.

Then it's Olivia's turn. Peeta keeps an eye for her. Olivia throws knife after knife and only one hits miss, one of the ten. Peeta immediately knows she must be a good ally and follows Haymitch plans. Talk to her. When he sees her alone he walks over.

"Hello." He says, she looks up at him and smiles again against her will. "I'm Peeta, from twelve. I saw you throwing those knifes. You're great." He says. Olivia smiles by the compliment.

"Thank you, what is your greatest power huh?" Olivia asks. He nods to the weights and her eyes widen. "What do you mean?" She asks.

"I'll show you." He replies. Peeta walks over to the metal balls, weighing probably a ton. He picks one up and throws it across the room, making it hit some spears. He walks back over to Olivia. "Strength huh, great." She replies smiling. She is surprised, he doesn't seem like someone that strong.

They split up again after a while, but keep an eye out for each other. Peeta's mouth almost drops open when Olivia climbs onto the ceiling behind the little girl from eleven, Rue. She is a fast climber. She winks at him before jumping off the ceiling, landing in a head roll. "Close your mouth you're catching flies." She says smiling before walking away.

The first day is over and progress was made. Everyone goes back to their floors and sitting down for dinner. "So, did you guys made any alliances?" Jane asks smiling at both of them.

"Maybe." Olivia replies. "The boy from twelve is unexpectedly strong, he came up to me but he threw one of those metal balls across the room." Olivia says. "He may be useful." She adds.

"I saw that!" Aaron replies. "That was amazing! You talked to him?" He asks. Olivia nods. "I talked to the girl of five, she is smart and knows everything about plants and surviving." Aaron adds. Suddenly Olivia is happy with her ally. Aaron chose a right person.

"Seems like teaming up with both could be great. Make an alliance tomorrow, with the girl from five and boy from twelve." Arthur replies. They nod.

*****

Meanwhile the tributes of twelve are eating dinner as well. "So, any of you have someone in thought after the first day of training?" Haymitch asks curious.

Katniss simply shakes her head. "Olivia, I saw her throw knifes, by throwing ten she only missed one, she climbed all the way to the ceiling and landed perfectly. She's great." Peeta says smiling.

"Seems like we have at least one smart person here." Haymitch replies and looks at Katniss. "Listen sweetheart, it's gonna be really hard if you go in there all by yourself but if you really want to then alright." Haymitch says before leaving. Katniss stays quiet, she hates making friends.

*****

Day two of training. Olivia walks inside and sees the other tributes already train. Aaron and her go to the girl from five first. "Hey, we saw you yesterday and you're really clever. We wondered if you..." Aaron gets cut off.

"I don't do allies." She replies before walking off. Olivia chuckles but Aaron just sighs.

"Let's go to twelve, he might like to work together." Olivia says smiling. They walk to Peeta who is painting his arm. "What are you doing?" She asks.

"Oh, I am working on camouflage, see." He says holding his hand against a tree. It's the exact same thing, almost impossible to spot. "I used to decorate cakes in my district." He adds proudly.

"Decorating tree cakes or something?" Aaron asks.

Peeta chuckles and shakes his head. "No but they were good practice, either way, I know how to do
this now." He says smiling.

"Anyways." Olivia says changing the subject. "We wondered if you would want an ally?" She asks. "And ask the girl too if you come in a package deal..."

"No! I mean Katniss doesn't really like me that much so I don't come in a package deal, I would like being your ally." He says smiling. Olivia smiles back.

"Great, we might have an actual chance out there." Aaron says. Olivia looks at both boys and rolls her eyes. "What? We look like losers compared to the careers." Aaron adds. They all look over to them.

"Nah, we have hidden talents... wait a minute Aaron, what is your talent?" Olivia asks looking at the boy next to her. She knows he is two years younger then her but whatever.

"Watch this." He says smiling as if he waited for that question. He walks over to the spears, both Peeta and Olivia watching him carefully. He throws the spear right into the centre of the dummy. He comes back and raises his eyebrows.

"Seems like we aren't complete losers then." Peeta says making all three of them laugh. They end the day and go back to their floors. All of them telling their mentors the good news of having an ally.